1. Join the forums

The Android Authority community is a great place to connect with other people from around the world who love Android.
    Why you should create an account?
    • Comment on articles and talk in our forums
    • Access to exclusive giveaways & contests
    • Collect Droids that can be redeemed for exclusive Android Authority apparel.
    • Get help from Android experts and other device owners.

Register or Login.

The perfect... The ideal starter!

Discussion in 'Android Q&A' started by Shawny, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Shawny

Shawny Member Battle Droid

Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Let's see, I have a mum who needs a new phone, has pretty much no idea how to use her current phone (she's still confused on how to use her BB after 4 years), yet alone an android phone and doesn't want to invest too much ($200), any suggestion? (Motorola isn't available where I live).

2. John Farrell

John Farrell Member Protocol Droid

Devices:
    Galaxy Tab2
    Well, at the start I was actually going to suggest you moving forward with the Motorola but as its not available over the region where you currently anyway can I ask where do you live ??

3. sycotik

sycotik Member Droid Minion

Devices:
    Galaxy S4, Galaxy Tab S
    If she does not want/need a smartphone, look to Nokia. Those things are indestructable and get great reception.

4. iGameR

iGameR Member

Devices:
    Samsung Note 3
    Nokia... pffff
    This is history, not great phone at all :)

Look for Sony Ericson M2, think is great for your mum ..

5. Shawny

Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Yeah... Thing is, I live in Swaziland! (Within South Africa and no, it's not Switzerland if you've never heard of Swaziland. Lol) The currency ratio from Dollars to Rands is around $1: R10.80 for some sad reason, Motorola is not a favourite here, we do however have HTC, Samsung, LG and Sony!

6. Shawny

Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Yes, as indestructible as it may sort of be, I wouldn't want to teach my mum how to use a windows phone! Plus, I want to get apps that would help her with her daily tasks and what better than android!

7. Shawny

Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    OK thanks, I'll keep an eye on that Phone but isn't it a bit outdated?

8. iGameR

iGameR Member

Devices:
    Samsung Note 3
    Maybe.
    But is cheap. Beautiful and solid performance.

Shawny likes this.
  9. John Farrell

Devices:
    Galaxy Tab2
    Well, @Shawny I am so sorry but I really can't think of ! Why don't you try looking over ebay or amazon ! I am sure you can add filters over there to get what you want. Once you made your selection tag me over the post and then I am going to discuss the advantages and disadvantages of both of the device and then we are going to have a look what would be the best for you ! :)

10. Shawny

Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Thanks man! I could look at those online shops, but it wouldn't do me justice since importing is quite expensive! However, I will go around some stores and check for available phones, I'll post up a list if I find some budget phones to discuss :D

11. John Farrell

Devices:
    Galaxy Tab2
    Well, what you can do is just open up ebay and amazon just to digg something out for your own and once you get some of the good one you can get those over the stores, and I guess in this way you would get the advantage of going through all the devices available for you at the conveyance of home. :D And if you still go walk out and stay fit then you can check it out over the stores :p

Shawny likes this.