1. Join the forums

The Android Authority community is a great place to connect with other people from around the world who love Android.
    Why you should create an account?
    • Comment on articles and talk in our forums
    • Access to exclusive giveaways & contests
    • Collect Droids that can be redeemed for exclusive Android Authority apparel.
    • Get help from Android experts and other device owners.

Register or Login.

THE custom rom center - Welcome to heaven.

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Note 3' started by ernigeek, Aug 30, 2014.

?

Do you want more threds like this one?

1. Yes

10 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ernigeek

ernigeek Member Droid Minion

Devices:
    Note 3 SM-N9005; Nexus 7 2012&2013 both 3g/4g; Samsung Galaxy Note 2014 4g
    Index thread for the best roms(from my point of view)

Note: I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR DEVICE!

This thread is about my favorites and the roms which I think are pretty good. Of course EVERY rom is good because EVERY rom was developed with love and time; they are all just developed with a different kind of love. So always show respect when it comes down to rating some roms.

Omega Rom:
    • Pros:
      • A very common rom with great mods and even its own kernel! There come many apps preinstalled that provide you the best tweaks for android/note3! There is even a download center by omega where the most important files for your note 3 are all together in one place. Easy to find and very easy to use! The download center provides kernels, apps and even bootanimations directly out of omegas handy without any linking or so.
    • Cons:
      • The kernel by omega is (form my point of view) not very well programmed. Its worse than the stock kernel and it eats up your battery pretty quick! But you have the option to choose the stock kernel during installation process.
      • Sometimes its hard to find the right app to customize your device. Its not difficult but it takes time and that makes it a con.
    Overall I can strongly recommend this rom. Have fun flashing!

Download links and link to xda:

This rom is only for the international variant!

Jackaway rom:

• Pros:
      • Both clean & full with software; meaning: you can choose whether you want to install an app/tool/service etc or not before installation. There are lots of options and, together with x-note, this seems to be the best rom when it comes to customizing.
      • Though this rom features a high level of customizing the battery lats as long as with stock (I experienced better battery life with this rom than with the X-Note Rom!)
    • Cons:
      • I experienced 2 times problems with the installation. Not everything was installed and some system services like weather and s-health weren't working correctly. I had to manually format every partition and reinstall the rom 3 times to make everything working properly. Don't know why this happened.
    Beside this ''installation problem'' this is a very good rom featuring lots of themes and mods+a good battery life.

Check this rom out and l.et me know what you think below. Have fun flashing!
    Download link&link to xda:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2555247

X-NOTE Rom:
    [​IMG]
    • Pros:
      • Lots of features/mods and a great app which combines all of them into one spot. Many mods apply on the fly; meaning you don't have to reboot your phone for the features to take effect. The X-NOTE Rom provides a big starter kit without any unnecessary app. There is nothing you can't do with this rom.
    • Cons:
      • Because everything in this rom is useful, most of the features have to run in the background and that drains the battery. I noticed that, compared to stock rom, the X-Note rom needed around 30min less to eat up my battery.
    The X-Note Rom offers along with Jackaway one of the best and the most customizations available on the internet for the Note 3. I suggest to use Greenify to freeze all processes and apps you don't need. You can still use them but Greenify makes sure they don't run in the background to save battery. Brought me that ~30min back!
    Enjoy the flashing process and it's result.
    Leave your thoughts below!

Downloads&xda:
    International&T-Mobile: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2472301
    ATT: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2654992
    Sprint: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2686052

Thanks to www.editandroid.com for the screenshots!

Galaxy S5 Rom port:
    [​IMG]
    • Pros:
      • This rom is simply a Galaxy S5 on a Note 3:D You get the UI and all the apps that usually come with the stock Galaxy S5 rom. You get a great S5 experience while still having the S-Pen.
    • Cons:
      • When using S-Note u can't avoid accidental strokes and stains by choosing S-Pen only because you have the S5 version of S-Note.
    You will love this rom if you like the user-interface of the Galaxy S5.
    If not you'd better leave the rom where it is – on the server.
    Of course there are simple solutions for the S-Note problem but you have to follow some steps and I want the rom perfectly working out of the box and not after some fixes.
    I suggest those of you who want the S5 UI and themes+lots of customizing features to try the port of the X-Note rom of the Galaxy S5.

Download links&xda:
    S5 stock rom port to Note 3: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2771454
    S5 X-Note port to Note 3: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2752687

Have fun flashing and enjoy the rom!

Both roms are only available for the international variant!

TR-ROM-V20:
    [​IMG]
    • Pros:
      • This rom features lots of themes directly out of the box and they are all designed pretty well.
      • You can also apply lots of tweaks during the installation -> thanks to aroma. Like: sound engine, sound boost, S5 applications, lots of TR-ROM themes, transparency, Xposed...
      • Their themes look so great!
    • Cons:
      • I didn't experience something negative...
    This rom seems to be a pretty good allrounder... It offers great themes and lots of customization while being slim and not to overloaded. You can have S5's UI and apps if you want. So this rom seems to have something for everyone!:D

Downloads&xda:
    TR-ROM-V20: http://forum.xda-developers.com/devdb/project/?id=1575#downloads

Echoe Rom:
    [​IMG]
    • Pros:
      • You have to choose between 2 versions the first one comes with everything you can imagie while the second one is slim so you only get what you really need.
      • The battery life with the slim version is pretty good!!!
      • You get a good FAQ and workaround section in case you have problems.
      • You get additional modding zips and back-to-stock-zips right there in that thread so you've got everything you need
    • Cons:
      • All these options mights confuse you and mess up your phone... NOT
      • That's it there is nothing really negative about this rom. The only thing I'm missing a bit are the UI themes... (like X-Note or TR-ROM-V20)
    Having these pros and cons (there are no real cons) considered I think this is a great rom, with good battery-life&performance together with lots of options and good support.

From my subjektive point of view this rom seems to be the rom with the kind of love brought to it by the developer I like most. → current rom+favorite!

Download links&xda:
    Echoe Rom xda thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2495688
    Echoe Rom download center: http://echoerom.com/roms/echoefull/note-3/

These were my opinions and thoughts to the most popular and developed roms.
    Hope it helped:D:D;)

If you wonder why I didn't mention cyanogenMod yet, the cyanogenmod roms simply don't reach the level of the sammybased roms YET....

@AATeam You do a great job!!! I mean the Youtube channel WOW! The website BOOOOOOM! And you LIKE A ROCKET LAUNCH! FROM THE INSIDE! Amazing!

Please continue doing such a great job! And never foget you are the source for all things ANDROID!:D

Have a great day, thanks for reading&enjoy flashing!

:D:D:D;);););):););););):D:D:D

Last edited: Oct 14, 2014
  2. ernigeek

Devices:
    CyanogenMOD rom(s):
    • Pros:
      • Vanilla Adroid
      • Bloatware-free
      • Very light
      • Easy to update (via Settings>About Phone>CyanogenMod Updater) and install (through the Windows Installer or via CWM recovery)
      • Always up-to-date! Very quick with updates!
      • Good batterylife and performance with the right kernel (for example the C-Rom kernel)!
    • Cons:
      • The preinstalled Cyanogenmod Kernel is, especially in the nightly versions, very good in draining your battery even quicker than the last time.
      • Gets suddenly hot. Sudden reboots (Nightly + M-releases only)
    You have to have this rom installed at least once in yourn life! This rom is nearly always the right decision and it offers a great alternative for the bloaty stock rom.
    As many of you may know this rom is also a very common base for other roms. Thats why it's somehow the father to AOSP roms so you have to check it out at least once.
    Be careful with the nightly releases though!
    Link to downlaod page:
    Download Center (hlte, the internation variant, is pre-chosen): https://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=hlte

Note: This rom is also available for other Note 3 variants.
    Just take a quick look at the internet + the download center!

ENJOY!!!

C-Rom (AOSP):

• Pros:
      • Only AOSP rom (my opinion) with great performance + battery life.
      • All mods implemented in one app which is implemented in the settings itself.
      • As far as i’m concerned this is the rom offering best&most customizing in the AOSP section.
    • Cons:
      • Without any third party apps installed – just system + Gapps.
      • The high amount of customization is sometimes quite confusing, especially if you’re no Android geek:D
    Overall tis is a great rom with lots of features+customizing + where confusing seems tob e the point of this hole rom:D Seriously, this is a great rom which has now become my new favourite! Try it out and see yourself what amazing work has been done here.

Have fun flashing!!!

Pls leave your thoughts down below!

Android L early Beta (v1):
    • Pros:
      • Android L
    • Cons:
      • Not yet available! The XDA-Thread does NOT mention any Download link(s)
      • Even if it would be available.... NOTHING really works!
    I can not suggest this rom because you can't download or even install it. But if it was possible this rom would've brought heaven to earth. I was able to get my hands on an Nexus 5 with the Android L preview installed on it. It was amazing.... I love Android L!
    I just wanted to let you all know that there might be an Android L beta build for our Galaxy Note 3 BEFORE Android L gets officially released.
    Link to XDA-Thread (again with NO download links): http://forum.xda-developers.com/gal.../android-l-5-0-to-note-3-hlte-beta-1-t2801363

Note: This are the first AOSP roms in this thread. More are already in work but they are not as good as C-Rom.
    It would be awsome if you could tell me or us which rom is your favourite and why.
    I'm also thinking about creating a totally new thread for AOSP roms... - What do you think? ::)
    Thanks for help!

Last edited: Oct 14, 2014
  3. jdGamble

jdGamble Member Droid Minion

Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    I went Stock > X Note > CM11 M8 > SlimKat > C-ROM Kang > Temasek CM11 > Dirty Unicorn > back to Temasek CM11

XNote-i agree with the amount of customization and some are even redundant. They got removed from XDA after the whole pay this and that push.

CM11 M8-not a lot of customization included. It's CM with stock CM features haven't tried M10 yet.

SlimKat-during my use of SlimKat i enjoyed it. Opened my eyes to its slim recents and by far my fave feature from them. Tons of customization as well with various builds from other devs. But during my time of use it suffered from memleak as they call it.

C-ROM Kang-not the stock C-ROM this one was Sabermodded. Had tons i mean tons of customization in its hood. Some may even find it overwhelming. But i had bit of issue, a huge bug rendered it useless for me.

Dirty Unicorn-customization yah sure tons of it, didn't really last long on this one. Too many unicorns for me. Suffered from slow UI on there customization area.

Temasek CM11-my current ROM. Customization is lacking. for those who want to have tons of it this aint for them. Pretty simple basic stable CM1Q ROM with Slim and Omni features.

Note: you could do a second post here listing AOSP based ROMs then have the 1st post as your Touchwiz based ROM. If you need help with AOSP base i can probably give you more than what i just wrote. It's just a summary of my experience.

4. ernigeek

Devices:
    Thanks for reply! i installed teamasek too but then decided to switch back to stock because the min freq always changed too 1100 mhz. That drained my battery so quick that my Note 3's battery life could've be compared to an IPhone's battery life!:D

Last edited: Sep 21, 2014
  5. Populaatti

Populaatti Member Scrap Metal

Devices:
    New phone note 3 (N9005), old phone sgs2
    This was very useful guide for me!!! I think this is even only one on internet that is almost uptodate.

ernigeek likes this.
  6. ernigeek

Devices:
    well, at least I'm trying to:D Pls tell me if something becomes outdated....
    And I'm glad you like it.
    Thanks for help!:)

7. Mewtwo

Mewtwo Member Protocol Droid

Devices:
    OnePlus One, iPhone 5S
    Just a little request, could you use darker text colors? I can't see most of the text because it's do bright it blends with the white background.

ernigeek likes this.
  8. ernigeek

Devices:
    Sure!