1. Join the forums

The Android Authority community is a great place to connect with other people from around the world who love Android.
    Why you should create an account?
    • Comment on articles and talk in our forums
    • Access to exclusive giveaways & contests
    • Collect Droids that can be redeemed for exclusive Android Authority apparel.
    • Get help from Android experts and other device owners.

Register or Login.

Tap to wake up?

Discussion in 'Sony Xperia Z1/S' started by DaX, May 21, 2014.

1. DaX

DaX New Member

Devices:
    Xperia Z1
    Anyone managed to make Z1 tape to wake up option enable without rooting or flashing stock kernel?I did try some custom kernels but none are compatibile with latest firmware which cause some weird bugs and glitchs in GUI.This feautre has been out on few phone for a while,i can't believe that Z1 users still didn't get it....
  2. XtreamSignature

XtreamSignature New Member

Devices:
    Xperia Z1 C6903
    Well i feel glad not to have that feature. It will probably sip battery life just for the touchscreen to remain active throughout Standby Time, etc.
    Jieggz likes this.
  3. Jieggz

Jieggz New Member

Devices:
    Sony Xperia Z2
    Z2 user right here. I'm not sure whether it drain battery life or not but double tap to unlock screen seems not so sensitive on my Z2...
  4. Ryan Johnitty

Ryan Johnitty New Member

Devices:
    Nexus 5
    I have a nexus 5 and had flashed Franco kernel, element x and other kernels with the ability to enable the double tap to wake feature on the device. Sadly the feature sucked my battery even with the latest Franco kernel. I am awaiting my sonyz2 that I bought because of the feature and the battery life I hope that the double tap doesn't cause the same problem...