1. Join the forums

The Android Authority community is a great place to connect with other people from around the world who love Android.
    Why you should create an account?
    • Comment on articles and talk in our forums
    • Access to exclusive giveaways & contests
    • Collect Droids that can be redeemed for exclusive Android Authority apparel.
    • Get help from Android experts and other device owners.

Register or Login.

Samsung Tab S or wait for Nexus?

Discussion in 'Samsung Tablets' started by sycotik, Jul 22, 2014.

1. sycotik

sycotik Member Droid Minion

Devices:
    Galaxy S4, Galaxy Tab S
    This is what I am thinking about. I am in need of upgrading my Kindle Fire gen1 tablet. I have already decided I do not want anything to do with the new fire. So I was about to pull the trigger on the new Tab S, then I read about the nexus and how a new one is due out. Anyway, I know this is a pretty nice problem to have, but I know I am gonna have buyers remorse which ever I get. Any reason to grab one over the other?

2. Martin Zlocha

Martin Zlocha Member

Devices:
    Nexus 10
    Get Nexus, i have Nexus 10 And i love it :) Best thing i ever bought

3. theaxel97

theaxel97 Member Scrap Metal

Devices:
    Lg Optimus 4x Hd, Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4
    I have had the tab s for about 5 days now and all i have to say is wow, game of thrones has not looked better. The screen is the main reason i went with the tab s, it is amazing for media.
    And i havent had any lag in any applications, performance doesnt seem to be an issue.

Benno77 likes this.
  4. Aaron_Stoehner

Aaron_Stoehner Member

+1 I have had this tab for a month now. Best tab I've ever used. Love the screen in 2k! Also 8.4 is such a perfect size!

5. sycotik

sycotik Member Droid Minion

Devices:
    Galaxy S4, Galaxy Tab S
    I could not wait any longer. I went ahead and got the 10inch Samsung Tab S. I gotta admit, this thing is pretty sweet.

6. A Madman With a Box

A Madman With a Box Member

Devices:
    Ceros Revolution (tablet), Samsung Galaxy Y (cheap phone), Telstra SmartTouch (cheaper phone)
    I'd wait for the new Nexus, from what the rumors indicate it will be a pretty beastly device. If you mostly watch movies though the Tab S might be better due to the amoled screen.

7. SteveTheGreek

SteveTheGreek Member

Devices:
    Samsung Tab PRO 8.4 WiFi
    I recommend you to wait for the new nexus tablet. In my country the Tab S 8.4 is really overpriced so......i would get the new nexus tablet (also it will be supported by google so you will get the android updates first)

Shawny likes this.
  8. AkumaG

AkumaG Member

Devices:
    LG G2, Samsung Note 2
    Glad I checked this out 1st. I was really thinking of getting something for my media needs. It was either a phablet or tablet. This just reinforces what I have been trying to debate in my head what to go for. Thanks!

9. zekwean

zekwean Member

Devices:
    Galaxy Note 10
    Love my Nexus 10. The screen rez is great. Flips through apps like lightening.

10. Elohim

Elohim Member Scrap Metal

Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5, Droid Razr Maxx HD
    I got the Galaxy Tab S 10.5 in August. Beautiful Tablet. However, I may pick up the Nexus 9 now and see which one I like better :)

11. Dakota Folmsbee

Dakota Folmsbee Member Drone Droid

Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy S5, Moto G (2014), Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 10.1
    I saw wait and see the reviews of the nexus 9. The tab s is an amazing tablet and definitely would be a great choice but I think its worth seeing the nexus 9 in action before making a decision.

12. Master Vorbeck

Master Vorbeck Member Scrap Metal

Devices:
    samsung galaxy tab s 16gb 4g (White)
    Glad you like the tab s, really enjoy mine. Beatiful and powerful in every aspcet