1. Join the forums

The Android Authority community is a great place to connect with other people from around the world who love Android.
    Why you should create an account?
    • Comment on articles and talk in our forums
    • Access to exclusive giveaways & contests
    • Collect Droids that can be redeemed for exclusive Android Authority apparel.
    • Get help from Android experts and other device owners.

Register or Login.

Samsung Tab S or wait for Nexus?

Discussion in 'Samsung Tablets' started by sycotik, Jul 22, 2014.

1. sycotik

sycotik New Member

Devices:
    Galaxy S4, Galaxy Tab S
    This is what I am thinking about. I am in need of upgrading my Kindle Fire gen1 tablet. I have already decided I do not want anything to do with the new fire. So I was about to pull the trigger on the new Tab S, then I read about the nexus and how a new one is due out. Anyway, I know this is a pretty nice problem to have, but I know I am gonna have buyers remorse which ever I get. Any reason to grab one over the other?
  2. Martin Zlocha

Martin Zlocha New Member

Devices:
    Nexus 10
    Get Nexus, i have Nexus 10 And i love it :) Best thing i ever bought
  3. theaxel97

theaxel97 New Member

Devices:
    Lg Optimus 4x Hd, Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4
    I have had the tab s for about 5 days now and all i have to say is wow, game of thrones has not looked better. The screen is the main reason i went with the tab s, it is amazing for media.
    And i havent had any lag in any applications, performance doesnt seem to be an issue.
    Benno77 likes this.
  4. Aaron_Stoehner

Aaron_Stoehner New Member

+1 I have had this tab for a month now. Best tab I've ever used. Love the screen in 2k! Also 8.4 is such a perfect size!
  5. sycotik

sycotik New Member

Devices:
    Galaxy S4, Galaxy Tab S
    I could not wait any longer. I went ahead and got the 10inch Samsung Tab S. I gotta admit, this thing is pretty sweet.
  6. A Madman With a Box

A Madman With a Box New Member

Devices:
    Ceros Revolution (tablet), Samsung Galaxy Y (cheap phone), Telstra SmartTouch (cheaper phone)
    I'd wait for the new Nexus, from what the rumors indicate it will be a pretty beastly device. If you mostly watch movies though the Tab S might be better due to the amoled screen.
  7. SteveTheGreek

SteveTheGreek New Member

Devices:
    Samsung Tab PRO 8.4 WiFi
    I recommend you to wait for the new nexus tablet. In my country the Tab S 8.4 is really overpriced so......i would get the new nexus tablet (also it will be supported by google so you will get the android updates first)
  8. AkumaG

AkumaG New Member

Devices:
    LG G2, Samsung Note 2
    Glad I checked this out 1st. I was really thinking of getting something for my media needs. It was either a phablet or tablet. This just reinforces what I have been trying to debate in my head what to go for. Thanks!
  9. zekwean

zekwean New Member

Devices:
    Galaxy Note 10
    Love my Nexus 10. The screen rez is great. Flips through apps like lightening.