Rooting S7 edge worth it? How is it done?

Posted Apr 21, 2017 by David G

1. David G

David G Member Scrap Metal

I'm currently debating whether or not rooting my S7 Edge is worth it. I've only recently switched from iOS, so I'm not used to rooting devices. Would it be worth it to root my S7 edge? What would be the best way to do that? I've heard that one could use programs like odin kingroot, or install from a custom recovery. I do know that rooting trips Knox. I am aware that rooting trips Knox, meaning I will loose apps line Samsung pay. I'm have the US unlocked Galaxy S7 (sm-g935u) with Android 6.0.1.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

2. Jake Lam

Jake Lam Well-Known Member HAL

Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (N910C), Samsung Galaxy SII, Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 WiFi Edition, Sony PRS-350, Sony PRS-T3
    That depends on whether or not you like to tinker with your devices advance settings and the files. As you could do allot of damage to your device if you tinker with the wrong settings. Personally, I don't think it's worth rooting your android device these days, unless you are a developer or a serious tech hobbyist.

3. David G

David G Member Scrap Metal

As a Linux desktop user I do like being able to tinker with seeing till I get it to where I like it, but I don't really need to it. All I would probably use it for is to uninstall the TouchWiz bloat, enable the swipe left for Google Now on the pixel launcher (side loaded it to try it out), and coustomize the look a bit. Honestly I probably won't root anytime soon

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

4. Jake Lam

Jake Lam Well-Known Member HAL

Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (N910C), Samsung Galaxy SII, Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 WiFi Edition, Sony PRS-350, Sony PRS-T3
    You can uninstall quite a bit of the bloatware that comes along with your SGS7 Edge. I'd recommend disabling the rest of the apps that you can't uninstall.