Qr code scan screen lock

Posted Jun 27, 2016 by Sam Keith Viena

1. Sam Keith Viena

Sam Keith Viena Member Scrap Metal

Hi guys, new guy here. I was wondering if it's possible for someone to code a screen lock which basically needs a qr code to be scanned to unlock. I thought it would be cool to hover your camera on a qr code tattoo/sticker on your body to open your phone.
    I'd just like to point out that I don't have any idea on coding and programming what so ever. So if you will respond to my question I'm begging you to go easy with the coding/programming terms as for those are completely alien language to me.

2. Jason Bucotte

Jason Bucotte Member Scrap Metal

Sorry for the BUMP... Just searched this on Google. It is actually 100% do-able, as long as you own a device with a laser imager/scanner. (MC40, TC70) I keep a QR code taped to my work ID to unlock my MC40 while at work. It allows you to scan on the password screen where you would otherwise use the keyboard for input. No one gets access to my personal device and I don't need at remember a 16 character password :)

May be possible with a generic bluetooth scanner as well. No clue though I have yet to try.