1. Join the forums

The Android Authority community is a great place to connect with other people from around the world who love Android.
    Why you should create an account?
    • Comment on articles and talk in our forums
    • Access to exclusive giveaways & contests
    • Collect Droids that can be redeemed for exclusive Android Authority apparel.
    • Get help from Android experts and other device owners.

Register or Login.

Nokia's Andriod Devices

Discussion in 'Android Q&A' started by Wesleye, Jul 26, 2014.

1. Wesleye

Wesleye New Member

Devices:
    Samsung Grand 2
    Does anyone know how good Nokia's Android phones are and if there is still a chance for them on the platform?
  2. mobilecrackers

mobilecrackers New Member

Devices:
    galaxy note1 , s4 , s5360, S3, Apple 4s,Apple i pad
    Nokia stops developing android device
    Microsoft is to stop developing Android-powered smartphones beyond those already available
    Luka likes this.
  3. Wesleye

Wesleye New Member

Devices:
    Samsung Grand 2
    What a shame. I saw some potential there.
  4. Luka

Luka Super Moderator

Their devices had less then 1GB of RAM, what i consider a minimum to run Android without wanting to throw it into the wall :D
    It also came with a crap UI that looked like a copy of WP. I believe the whole point of the Android line is to putt all the people saying "Nokia needs to make Android phones" to rest. This way they can say: "when we made it, no one bought it". No matter the fact that the phones they put out wore so underpowered that the CyanogenMod team wouldn't put in on their roster.
    Microsoft got exactly what they wanted with the X phone. Nokia is and always was doomed to die using WP.
  5. Wesleye

Wesleye New Member

Devices:
    Samsung Grand 2
    Hmmm... how the mighty have fallen
  6. mobilecrackers

Devices:
    Soon samsung will fall down too. the s5 was a big mistake. they need to change the design and layout . waiting for tizen
    about nokia , they really need to build a new OS or phones to impress people . more than 13000 people lost job from nokia for developing android phones. only nokia has the better battery backup.. soon there will be a change
  7. Notorious LEE

Notorious LEE New Member

Agreed. Big potential that ended up being fat, slow colorful bricks. Shame.
    Luka likes this.
  8. Dr.Ronak Patel

Dr.Ronak Patel New Member

Devices:
    HTC Inspire 4G
    Sir, Need to correct you here. Still one more to come in X series of Nokia. it's Nokia X2.

9. mobilecrackers

Devices:
    this is what Elop, executive vice president of Microsoft's said

"We will be particularly focused on making the market for Windows Phone. In the near term, we plan to drive Windows Phone volume by targeting the more affordable smartphone segments, which are the fastest growing segments of the market, with Lumia. In addition to the portfolio already planned, we plan to deliver additional lower-cost Lumia devices by shifting select future Nokia X designs and products to Windows Phone devices. We expect to make this shift immediately while continuing to sell and support existing Nokia X products"
  10. Dr.Ronak Patel

Dr.Ronak Patel New Member

Devices:
    HTC Inspire 4G
    Well i know about these already. But all i'm saying is, Last device will be X2 before Android lineup closes.