1. Join the forums

The Android Authority community is a great place to connect with other people from around the world who love Android.
    Why you should create an account?
    • Comment on articles and talk in our forums
    • Access to exclusive giveaways & contests
    • Collect Droids that can be redeemed for exclusive Android Authority apparel.
    • Get help from Android experts and other device owners.

Register or Login.

Motorola in bed with the NSA (conspiracy theory)

Discussion in 'Android News & Discussion' started by Luka, Jul 25, 2014.

1. Luka

Luka Administrator Staff Member Sentient Droid

Devices:
    Xiaomi Mi3
    I can't help but not to write this, it's been going through my mind for about a day now:
    Well we know Motorola made devices for the NSA. But wile listening to the latest interview Snowden did with the Guardian, i noticed DropBox was mentioned. Apparently DropBox (if you chose to believe Snowden) had a deal with the NSA through the Prism program. Condoleezza Rice being on the board of directors doesn't put my mind at ease knowing my whole life is in DropBoxes hands. But to get back to Motorola, Dennis Woodside left Motorola to head DropBox, also When Woodside first arrived as the head of Motorola the first thing he did is bring a chick from DARPA to be senior vice president at Motorola in charge of "Advanced Technology and Projects group, a skunkworks-inspired team chartered to deliver breakthrough innovations for the company".
    To me it's all starting to look like a close-knit group. o_O

Jayfeather787 likes this.
  2. shashank

shashank Member Droid Minion

Devices:
    LG L5 with CM11
    The Motorola Mobility will be acquired by Lenovo. Fear the communists!! Lel

Jayfeather787 and Luka like this.
  3. Luka

Devices:
    Xiaomi Mi3
    Haha fair enough. But if there's anything to learn from this than it's that no one should use DropBox. :p

shashank likes this.
  4. shashank

shashank Member Droid Minion

Devices:
    LG L5 with CM11
    It is not just dropbox.One should not put all of his information on some remote server and think it is safe.
    It is very simple.One should not use any service that is from USA if he does not wants to get spied by NSA/any US authority but there is no guarantee that local authorities and ISPs do not do the same.

5. sycotik

sycotik Member Droid Minion

Devices:
    Galaxy S4, Galaxy Tab S
    I am a kind of a conspiracy theorist myself and enjoy reading about different topics on it. On this subject, has AA done a review on the "Blackphone" and their Spideroak cloud services?

6. Luka

Devices:
    Xiaomi Mi3
    What Snowden said about encrypting files and the host service not knowing what's on their server would be the best thing for everyone. As far as i know MEGA does that. But i imagine you won't hear Snowden mention MEGA since by associating with Kim, he would lose a bit of credibility.
    As far as i know they have not. I would love to see a test of that phone too. When it comes to Spideroak, i didn't know it existed before I've herd this interview. Definitely planing on learning more about it.

7. sycotik

sycotik Member Droid Minion

Devices:
    Galaxy S4, Galaxy Tab S
    ^^^ Cool. Run it up the chain.