1. Join the forums

The Android Authority community is a great place to connect with other people from around the world who love Android.
    Why you should create an account?
    • Comment on articles and talk in our forums
    • Access to exclusive giveaways & contests
    • Collect Droids that can be redeemed for exclusive Android Authority apparel.
    • Get help from Android experts and other device owners.

Register or Login.

Mom`s new phone!

Discussion in 'Other Smartphone Discussion' started by Sander Norling, Jul 19, 2014.

1. Sander Norling

Sander Norling New Member

Devices:
    Samsun galaxy S4 active, Samsung galaxy note 8.0, Nexus 5
    Hi everybody! My mom smashed her phone yesterday and needs a new one! She has a tendency to drop her phone, and needs something that can take a little bit of beating, not much, but a little bit.
    She do not want to go over 650 dollars (4000 nok).... I realize now that smartphones in Norway are really expensive... Lets rather say 450 dollars...

What can you guys recommend? She had a galaxy s3 and was very pleased with that.

(Sorry for my English :( )
  2. sycotik

sycotik New Member

Devices:
    Galaxy S4, Galaxy Tab S
    I would get her another S3 if she liked it. You can find them cheap now. Also, invest in a sturdy case. I have a UAG but there are others like Otter-box and what not. You can find a cheap(er) phone on swappa.
  3. Sander Norling

Devices:
    She can get a Sony Z1 for the same price as the s3. How tough is it, and is it much better?
  4. sycotik

sycotik New Member

Devices:
    Galaxy S4, Galaxy Tab S
    Z1's are nice phones. Honestly, if that is what she wants get that. But be sure to invest in a case though. In all honesty, I buy the case before the phone, just because I know I am a clumsy ass. Some of them are very low profile, and some increase the bulk a good bit.
  5. Luka

Luka Super Moderator

How about a Galaxy s4 Active. I imagine the price went down significantly now that the S5 is out for some time. Since she liked the S3, she should be right at home with this model. The Z1 is not really a good choice since that phone has tampered glass. I'm not saying it's likely to break but i rather have something that was made with an intention to be dropped on the ground.

Also here's a Z1 drop test with Joshua Vergaras signature weird intro :D
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2014
    Jayfeather787 likes this.
  6. Sander Norling

Devices:
    I have the S4 active, and she said that she was willing to buy it from me, the only problem is what phone I am going to buy then... Since the one plus one isn`t coming to Norway, there is really no phone with the power I want for a decent price... Any suggestions for me?
  7. Sander Norling

Devices:
    She ended up with the s4... My dad are a bit to stupid, so he convinced her. I`m going to make sure she gets a good casing for it! Thank you for your time :)