Missing Music

Posted Mar 14, 2017 by mayfairwitch21

Tags:
  1. mayfairwitch21

mayfairwitch21 Member Drone Droid

Devices:
    Motorola Moto E
    I have a Motorola Moto E running Android kitkat 4.4.4. I have a 32GB SD card on which I have been keeping all of my music files in a folder named "Music." The other day I went to play a song, and it wasn't there. I looked on my ES File Explorer on my sd card and brought up the Music folder, but it was empty. So I hooked it up to my laptop and manually added the songs back in the folder. But when I pulled up ES File Explorer again, the folder was empty. When I have it hooked up to my laptop and look in the SD card Music folder, they all show to be there. But they're not. I repeated the process with the same results.
    So this time while I had it connected to the laptop, I went to the Internal Drive - made a Music folder and uploaded the songs from the laptop to that. In ES File Explorer they show up there. When I play them they are there. But when I go into the Music folder on the SD card (via computer) the songs show to be there, but when I try to play one I get an error message. I looked at the Properties of some of the songs, and there doesn't seem to be anything there that would indicate a problem. (Attaching screenshots)
    So I am completely stumped. I don't want to keep the music on the Internal Drive because it's almost completely full. Any ideas?

Attached Files:

2. Akash Jain

Akash Jain Moderator Sentient Droid HAL

Devices:
    HTC Butterfly 2, Vido M9i ( Dual Boot)
    Try using some other file explorer? Also you could try formatting the SD Card.

3. mayfairwitch21

Devices:
    Motorola Moto E
    What file explorer would you recommend? And wouldn't formatting the card erase everything on it?

4. Akash Jain

Akash Jain Moderator Sentient Droid HAL

Devices:
    HTC Butterfly 2, Vido M9i ( Dual Boot)
    Give solid explorer a try and yea, formatting will erase everything in it.

5. Jake Lam

Jake Lam Well-Known Member HAL

Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (N910C), Samsung Galaxy SII, Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 WiFi Edition, Sony PRS-350, Sony PRS-T3
    Sound like your microSDCard is starting to fail

6. mayfairwitch21

Devices:
    Motorola Moto E
    How do I back up the apps that are stored on the SD card before I format it? Or can I?