Looking for a new mobile device

Posted Apr 19, 2017 by silvercity09

1. silvercity09

silvercity09 Member Scrap Metal

HI all

I am looking for a new device to replace my old device. I am in Canada on Rogers. Price $500 max.

My needs are a screen approx 5", decent battery life, decent camera, external sd card. I actually like the Samsung S7 but find it too expensive. I know of Samsung and LG brands but most other companies such as Huawei are new to me. I also read to stay away from OnePlus because of horrible customer service (warranty in Canada is important). Don't know much about HTC either. Is there a phone out there that compares to the S7 but not that expensive? How is the LG G5? Or the zte axon 7? Any issues with these phones?

I plan on keeping the phone for 4 years before I shop around again. I am very familiar with ios phones but don't like the fact that they are limited with certain apps (kodi, etc) and they are expensive.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
  2. Jake Lam

Jake Lam Well-Known Member HAL

Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (N910C), Samsung Galaxy SII, Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 WiFi Edition, Sony PRS-350, Sony PRS-T3
    The ZTE Axon 7 is a excellent flagship device for price. Huawei devices have come along way from when the company first stepped into the mobile device industry. Their latest line of devices are really good quality and value for money. As long as you get a flagship or a mid range Honor device.

3. TheOracle72

TheOracle72 New Member Droid Minion Drone Droid

Agreed, the Axon 7 is a great value as are the newer Huawei devices. My son has the Huawei P9 Plus and it's a superb device. It also just updated to Android 7 so you're covered from that angle too.

4. rzbgzeml2840

rzbgzeml2840 Member Scrap Metal

I am using OPPO F1S specs are good.

5. Jake Lam

Jake Lam Well-Known Member HAL

Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (N910C), Samsung Galaxy SII, Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 WiFi Edition, Sony PRS-350, Sony PRS-T3
    The spesc on the OPPO F1S aren't too shabby, however it doesn't have the VOOC fast charging system. Otherwise it is a very good device and if you can find one for a good price, I'd say it's worth considering.

6. Aashirwad Tripathy

Aashirwad Tripathy Member Drone Droid

I suppose best option go with the oneplus 3t, or if you got bored from this phone you may end up enjoying xiaomi mi 6 which would be launched soon.......REMEMBER!!!! IT'S A TRUE FLAGSHIP KILLER.