LG G5 USB power supply notification

Posted Jul 14, 2016 by Lisa56

1. Lisa56

Lisa56 Member Scrap Metal

Devices:
    LGG5
    Just about every second I'm getting a USB power supply notification and I can't stop it. I've tried removing the battery, doing a factory reset and this notification won't stop. Is anyone else having this problem and were you able to fix it? I can't even use my phone because the notification won't stop. When I plug the phone into the charger is the only time it stops. I took the phone to Verizon and unfortunately because of a cracked screen and $199 to fix it I can't get a replacement under the warranty and I don't really want a refurb phone because I've had issues with them in the past. Hopefully someone knows how to fix this.

2. killer_v42

killer_v42 Member Scrap Metal

Devices:
    LG G5
    I am having the exact same issue. I called LG and they told me to send it to their repair center

3. Lieutenant Maxwell

Lieutenant Maxwell Member Scrap Metal

Devices:
    LG G5
    I can tell you exactly what's wrong. It's in charging port. There is a gold colored piece that is down inside the port. If you look with a flashlight you can see it. When you plug your cord, it pushes down the piece making a contact with the center piece indicating that the phone is on charge. If the piece does not make a full contact, it will show the usb icon. You can use an eyeglass screwdriver or a safety pin to adjust the piece to make contact. Then it should be fine.

4. Lieutenant Maxwell

Lieutenant Maxwell Member Scrap Metal

Devices:
    LG G5
    I can tell you exactly what's wrong. It's in charging port. There is a gold colored piece that is down inside the port. If you look with a flashlight you can see it. When you plug your cord, it pushes down the piece making a contact with the center piece indicating that the phone is on charge. If the piece does not make a full contact, it will show the usb icon. You can use an eyeglass screwdriver or a safety pin to adjust the piece to make contact. Then it should be fine.

A

5. Heather V

Heather V Member Scrap Metal

There are two problems with this particular solution. One, I tried it and it didn't work at all. Two, the problem that I'm having, which is exactly what OP described, only started when I downloaded the last version of Android, which points to a software rather than a hardware issue .

Has anyone found a solution that works? Because I have to keep my phone on silent, (not even vibrate) in order to keep the constant alerts that I need to choose a USB option from driving me insane. Which means that I don't get notification on calls, email, anything because the phone is silent!

6. tedjordan

tedjordan Member Scrap Metal

I tried this, and it seems to work so far. My way of cleaning the port

1) unplug usb cable from wall,
    Disconnect battery mount from phone
    2) dip tip of male usb c cable into isopropyl alcohol (4 to 5mm)
    3) push back and forth into female usb c 7 or 8 times.
    4) repeat steps 3 and 4 twice
    5) unplug usb c and let dry for an hour
    6) put everything back together (undo step 1)

Hopefully this works for you too