1. Join the forums

The Android Authority community is a great place to connect with other people from around the world who love Android.
    Why you should create an account?
    • Comment on articles and talk in our forums
    • Access to exclusive giveaways & contests
    • Collect Droids that can be redeemed for exclusive Android Authority apparel.
    • Get help from Android experts and other device owners.

Register or Login.

LG G3 or Sumsung Galaxy s5??

Discussion in 'Other Smartphone Discussion' started by gillian, Jul 24, 2014.

1. gillian

gillian New Member

Devices:
    xiaomi
    LG G3 or Sumsung Galaxy s5? it's really hard to choose for me. i loved S5, but i found G3 is just so nice,

i love both of them, which one should i choose?
  2. Rob Triggs

Rob Triggs Moderator Staff Member

Devices:
    Galaxy S2 (PA 4.4), LG G3
    You're right, it's a really tough call. Josh's indepth look might help you decide.

I myself would opt for the LG G3, as I'm a big fan of their handsets lately.
    In terms of hardware, the two are very very close, although the G3 has a slightly better display, OIS+ camera, super fast autofocus. Not to mention that I love the G3's design.

On the other hand, the S5 is water resistant, its camera is rock solid, and it is the slightly lighter of the two. Software wise, they've both gone a little overboard on the features this time, so you'll have to judge for yourself if you prefer what Touchwiz has to offer, or if you'll find more use with LG's inventions like Q-slide. Performance won't be an issue on either handset.

The best way to decide might be to pick the feature(s) that you will probably use the most, and get the handset which nudges out in front in that area.
    If you're a photo/videographer, I'd probably go with the G3 for the quick laser focus and OIS+.
    If you're going to watch a lot of movies or spend a lot of time reading, I'd probably go with the G3 for its display.
    If you're clumsy and drop your phone a lot, I'd go with the S5 (the G3's bezels look a little thin)
    If you live on a boat, I'd pick the S5 as water resistance might be important :p.

No matter what you decide in the end, you won't be disappointed.
    gillian and Jonathan Feist like this.
  3. Wesleye

Wesleye New Member

Devices:
    Samsung Grand 2
    As a personal opinion, bigger & livelier screens are my preference. I do use a Samsung currently but if I were to pick from these two, it'd definitely be the G3. The overall experience from the review felt smoother and premium. And their rendition of Andriod is kinda eye catchy. More RAM, 2k screen, more power (batteries). For me the choice is clear. But as the review ended, you can't go wrong with any choice. Cheers
  4. Jonathan Feist

Jonathan Feist Team AA Staff Member

Devices:
    Nexus 7, Moto G
    Make that three for three - it's a close call, and your personal preferences and usage should be the determining factor, like Rob explained, but, I as well would grab the G3. What can I say, I don't live on a boat.
    Wesleye likes this.
  5. mobilecrackers

mobilecrackers New Member

Devices:
    galaxy note1 , s4 , s5360, S3, Apple 4s,Apple i pad
    Samsung is going down, they really do need to change the appearance and layout of the phone .
    i go with Lg G3
  6. gillian

gillian New Member

Devices:
    xiaomi
    hmm, i come to love G3 now
  7. gillian

gillian New Member

Devices:
    xiaomi

thank you!! i made my choice, it's G3
    Rob Triggs likes this.