Homescreen Monday 03-20-2017: AAPodcast co-producer Jonathan Feist!

Posted Mar 20, 2017 by Joshua Vergara

1. Joshua Vergara

Joshua Vergara Team AA Staff Member Team AA

We're back with another edition of Homescreen Monday! As with every week, we show case a homescreen setup (maybe one of yours!) and have the user explain their setup. And, as always, please show us your homescreens and don't forget to give us your social media handles (Instagram and Twitter, particularly) - you might be our next Monday post!

On this week’s Homescreen Monday, we have #AAPodcast co-producer Jonathan Feist (@jfeist1):

Screenshot_20170209-232001.png Screenshot_20170213-143423.png

AMOLED display, so pure black background. The moon is a photo I took, pretty proud of that.

Zooper Widget for text over the moon - dynamic shadow on the moon that moves through the day. Tap the time to go to alarms, tap the battery level to go to battery graphs.

I use Apex Launcher and currently have the Velur icon pack installed.

The WiFi logo in the top right is also Zooper Widget, tap to toggle on and off WiFi using Tasker.

I feel like my next row is very self explanatory: Google Play Store, because apps, and Gmail, because email. Then, Hangouts, because communication with family, and Google+, because that’s my social media platform of choice. (+jonathanFeist) Finally, Slack, because that is what we use to communicate internally at Android Authority.

My dock has themed folders. First is my telecommunications folder, with Phone, Google Messenger, Project Fi and Hangouts Dialer.

My next folder has Here Maps and Google Maps, for all my navigation needs. When there’s time, Ingress is also in here - just a fun way to learn more about my city.

The next folder is my camera folder. It’s a long list: Open Camera, Cardboard Camera, Fast Burst Camera, Paper Camera, Framelapse, HyperFocal Camera, the stock Android Camera and Google Photos.

Finally, the last folder is for the web and miscellaneous. Chrome, Chrome Beta, Chrome Dev and Opera for browsers. Yes, I know. Then Instagram for Instagramming and Allo for chatting with Josh.

Utilities in that last folder include Google On, to control my OnHub router, Android Wear, because I still have the LG G Watch Urbane and ES File Explorer Pro (please don’t use the free version, that’s just bloatware,) because I never leave file management to chance. Never!

I have two other screens, one has Google Play Music widget, along with a Tasker Task Shortcut for Stop, instead of just the Pause button on the widget. There is also a sleep timer for music, built with Tasker, DJI Go, for flying my Mavic Pro and some settings shortcuts for audio accessories and the phone itself.

That’s my phone, folks!

Now show us your homescreens!

2. DSwain

DSwain Member Scrap Metal

Lg V-Dub using Nova prime

Attached Files:

3. bilal.93

bilal.93 Member Scrap Metal

Devices:
    LG G4
    The background i'm using explains my life as a web developer with tea cup mostly on my right and my pal always sleeping. The sharp 2k quantum display of lg g4 really pops it out with brightness set to auto.

The clock i'm using is animated neon weather widget for amber weather with Taz icon pack on LG's default launcher.

Lastly, the folders are self explanatory for my usage.

Screenshot_2017-03-21-10-51-30.png

4. Bill Gray

Bill Gray Member Scrap Metal

All of my machines look like me...
    [email protected]

Resurrection Remix-Marshmallow
    DarkOut Theme
    Evie Launcher
    Moonrise icon pack
    Poweramp widget
    Clock, Calendar & Weather widget

Most used apps:
    1st row - Opera Mini, Facebook Messenger, Dailer, Camera
    2nd row - Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Keep and, in the folder, Google Maps, Uber, Google Street View and a bus schedule app.
    Wallpaper: a photo of me for ID purposes

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
  5. Ravi Kumawat

Ravi Kumawat Member Scrap Metal

This is mine

Attached Files:

6. joshua slocum

joshua slocum Member Scrap Metal

Here is mime.

Attached Files:

7. Ofir2471

Ofir2471 Member Scrap Metal

Using Nova launcher, Simpax icon pack and classic android cityscape wallpaper from google wallpapers app. Just what I need with some hidden surprises like the camera and phone at the bottom of the phone, instead of the standard dock.

Attached Files: