1. Join the forums

The Android Authority community is a great place to connect with other people from around the world who love Android.
    Why you should create an account?
    • Comment on articles and talk in our forums
    • Access to exclusive giveaways & contests
    • Collect Droids that can be redeemed for exclusive Android Authority apparel.
    • Get help from Android experts and other device owners.

Register or Login.

Galaxy K Zoom and Gear Fit

Discussion in 'Samsung Smartphones' started by LostonEarth, Jul 11, 2014.

1. LostonEarth

LostonEarth Member

Devices:
    Galaxy K Zoom, Nexus 7, Galaxy Gear Fit
    Just brought the Galaxy K Zoom on ebay for $450. Thanks for the tip AA. Also caught the $100 Gear Fit. Bought it on Best Buy because the deal on Amazon just expired. Great gadgets for unlocked price. Knows that the K Zoom is a 3 G model only; no problem, I use wifi only and don't have a data plan for the phone. T-mobile voice works great on this. However, I ran into a problem that I can't find answers from Samsung techs. I can not connect the K Zoom to the Gear Fit!. Tech was able to connect and activate Gear Fit with his phone. However no luck with the K Zoom. He thinks that you must have a data plan to activate. Strange, given that the connection is bluetooth. Does any one knows if this is the truth? Samsung app store do not support S Health and Gear Fit Manager on "this" model. Does any one knows is it because of the firmware for the C111 3G model only? Is there a work around based on firmware update? I was able to side load S health and Gear Fit Manager. (That's why I found out from the tech that a data plan may be required.) Appreciate anyone pointing the direction to a newbie! Cyanogenmod for this model?

2. Tikker

Tikker Member Scrap Metal

Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy S 4, Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, Samsung Gear Fit, Samsung Galaxy Note II, Samsung Galaxy Rugby, Asus Transformer PRime
    does the phone see the gear fit? I'm just wondering if it's got the proper bluetooth profile to talk to it?