FM radio

Posted Jun 29, 2017 by 69Rixter

1. 69Rixter

69Rixter Member Scrap Metal

Devices:
    Samsung AnyCall GalaxyS 1
    Lots of debate about this issue, but that's not my question. I'd like to receive local FM (and AM if possible) broadcasts on my cell phone.Been through many apps from "google play store"...none of which do what they claim...at least the ones I've tried.I want an app that will access local FM(and AM if possible) radio stations. Do not want app to use "data" nor wifi. In other words, looking for app/program that uses the phone as a 'radio". I've been told that if the phone has bluetooth, then it is FM capable(?)I may have to 'activate" the FM chip...I don't know?So, any help with this issue would be appreciated.[Coolpad Arise 5560S--Kk 4.4.2] Citing technological reports and/or manufactures publications would be a plus...yet, first-hand experience is usually the best!!!
    THANX:
    Rick

2. Nacy Clark

Nacy Clark Member Drone Droid

Sorry to tell you, but the FM is already out of data in nowdays. for the smaler and lighter cellphone, the FM radio chip is no more contained. even if you find the right APP, you still can not use it without hardware support. buy yourself a radio or try to use the old-type cellphone that got radio function inside.

3. 69Rixter

69Rixter Member Scrap Metal

Devices:
    Samsung AnyCall GalaxyS 1
    Re: Nancy Clark:

Thank you for responding. And there was no need to be "sorry". I have come to the conclusion that just getting an FM radio would be best! I've had this issue with 2 different phones and it's been a topic of hot debate. Some say you can, others say you can't and it's not worth debating any longer. I do have an acquaintance that has FM radio, (such as I'd like) on his phone. But, you're correct, it is a much older phone. THANX for your thoughts!!
    Stay Sharp:
    Rick

4. Nacy Clark

Nacy Clark Member Drone Droid

To be honest, I’m so glad to see this kind of question, because I did the same thing as you. FM radio is very useful, everyone can get the news and emergency broadcast by listening to the radio. but most of cellphone’s radio function is not perfect, you must connect it with your earphones when using it. For a lighter and smaller cellphone, FM radio is now the history.

However, the radio on the internet is also an opinion, most of the radio APP is WiFi radio. Technically, they are different, but for users, they are no difference. Maybe one day, all the traditional radio broadcast will be replaced by WiFi radio, just like cellphone replaced the telegraph.

What can I say? I do miss the happy old time, but the world just keeps changing.