1. Join the forums

The Android Authority community is a great place to connect with other people from around the world who love Android.
    Why you should create an account?
    • Comment on articles and talk in our forums
    • Access to exclusive giveaways & contests
    • Collect Droids that can be redeemed for exclusive Android Authority apparel.
    • Get help from Android experts and other device owners.

Register or Login.

DCentral 1 by John McAfee

Discussion in 'Apps & Games Discussion' started by Luka, Apr 12, 2014.

1. Luka

Luka Administrator Staff Member Sentient Droid

Devices:
    Xiaomi Mi3
    Here's a fun one. It tells you what permissions you exactly gave to your apps. This makes sense since there are a lot of apps that have access to the camera, GPS, microfon and what have you, yet they don't need any of that to function. Imagine Angry birds periodically checking where you are and what you're doing :)

DCentral 1 by John McAfee

2. Joe Hindy

Joe Hindy AA App Guy Staff Member Protocol Droid

Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3, LG Nexus 5, LG G Watch
    I've always been a fan of apps that show permissions (a number of antivirus apps such as BitDefender have this functionality built in too). People really ought to know more about what they're giving their apps permission to do. It'll probably help quell the outrage when someone points out that you give every social media app full access to your GPS location ;)

3. Akki

Akki Member

Or you could use XPrivacy if you want to restrict the permissions, it works great :D

4. Luka

Luka Administrator Staff Member Sentient Droid

Devices:
    Xiaomi Mi3
    Nice. I'll look into that. Thanks m8

5. Jonathan Feist

Jonathan Feist Team AA Staff Member Protocol Droid

Devices:
    Nexus 7, Moto G
    Nice resources guys. I like that one app is good for root users, and the other is good for everyone. I feel like root users may not need a permissions browser as much, hopefully being aware enough to view them at install, or running through the list in detail again in Settings. The ability to control and block specific permissions within specific apps is awesome, just don't go overboard, or the apps just stop working... (Oops.)