1. Join the forums

The Android Authority community is a great place to connect with other people from around the world who love Android.
    Why you should create an account?
    • Comment on articles and talk in our forums
    • Access to exclusive giveaways & contests
    • Collect Droids that can be redeemed for exclusive Android Authority apparel.
    • Get help from Android experts and other device owners.

Register or Login.

Boater's Float Plan

Discussion in 'App Showcase' started by StarSight, Jul 18, 2014.

1. StarSight

StarSight Member

Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Float Plan is a simple and convenient way to gather important information
    about your vessel and voyage and send it to a trusted friend or family member.
    The search for an overdue boat has a much greater chance of being successful if the
    Coast Guard or other rescue agencies have detailed and accurate information about
    the boat and crew.

Whether you're going out for a day sail or an epic offshore voyage, for the safety of all aboard, file a float plan before you leave the dock.

We respect your privacy completely. We do NOT collect or share any of your information. And NO annoying banner ads!

Check it out at the Play Store:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.starsight.floatplan

2. Joe Hindy

Joe Hindy AA App Guy Staff Member Battle Droid

Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3, LG Nexus 5, LG G Watch
    I really like this idea. A built in way to send this kind of info. It's a tad niche (I don't know many boaters) but a really fun idea for those who do boating :)

3. StarSight

StarSight Member

Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Thanks.
    Yeah, it is a bit niche but useful to someone who needs it... filing a paper float plan is such a hassle that many boaters just skip doing it (myself included). My project now is to integrate it into a paid cruising log app that I have on Play. Hopefully I'll make a little beer money from it :)