1. Join the forums

The Android Authority community is a great place to connect with other people from around the world who love Android.
    Why you should create an account?
    • Comment on articles and talk in our forums
    • Access to exclusive giveaways & contests
    • Collect Droids that can be redeemed for exclusive Android Authority apparel.
    • Get help from Android experts and other device owners.

Register or Login.

best smartphone

Discussion in 'Other Smartphone Discussion' started by alex34, Jun 4, 2014.

1. alex34

alex34 Member

Devices:
    s3 mini ,samsung galaxy tab 3
    Jayce which smartphone do you personally think is the best?

2. Mateo

Mateo Member

Its hard to say because u have very much good phones that are good in some areas and other phones that are good in some other areas. For Example u take Nexus 5 and Samsung galaxy S5 with nexus u get that vanilla android feel with lastest software and all new android goodies and with S5 u get touchwiz UI and tons of hardwere features like finger scanner, ir blaster,water resistance etc. With sony u get high quality premium phones with water resistance(like xperia Z2,Z1,Z...), With HTC the same as sony just with even more beautifull design. If you are looking for something cheaper but with high quality and preformance u should go with Motorola. There isnt the best phone, all phones are good in some areas but the same ones lack in some areas. The goal is to improve that lacks,manufactures are trying beat each others to get costumers,all phones are constantly improving. That is the goal

3. Ed Briggs

Ed Briggs Member Droid Minion

Devices:
    Nexus 5, Ubuntu laptop
    Jayce as far as I know is in love with his Nexus 5, (so am I) which is why he did a review of it 7 months after it was released. (which ticked some people off) There is no best, just what's best for you.

There are so many variables as to which is the best for you, but I'll try.

What size screen do you prefer?

What do you generally do on your phone?

How much money do you have to spend?

Is camera or screen quality more important?

Preinstalled software, or stock android?

How much do you use your phone? (battery life)

Are you a gamer?

If you're asking which phone he personally prefers, unless he's changed phones in the last 2 weeks, it's the Nexus 5. It's an awesome phone still, even though it's not the latest. (you can't beat the price)

I can almost guarantee he'll say what's best for him is not necessarily best for you. Or maybe you just respect his opinion and want to know. That's cool also.

4. Bejoy Samuel

Bejoy Samuel Member

Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500; Nexus 7 (W+C) (2012)
    LG G3
    LG has impressed us with the G3 which comes in at under £500 but packs amazing features including that Quad HD and a camera with a laser auto focus. The device is surprisingly small considering the 5.5in display and we like the more premium design. It's another winner from LG.

HTC One (M8)
    Like the Galaxy S5 and Xperia Z2, the new HTC One M8 isn't a big leap compared to the previous model. What HTC has done is taken a great phone and made it better. The M8 looks and feels gorgeous and with important upgrades including a microSD card slot and an innovative camera. This is one desirable smartphone.

Google Nexus 5
    Google and LG have done a fantastic job with the Nexus 5, producing a very desirable phone at an outrageously low price. It's the best value-for-money smartphone out there right now.

Sony Xperia Z2
    Although not much has changed from the Xperia Z1, the Xperia Z2 is another solid effort from Sony. The smartphone is a good all-rounder with a great screen, camera, build quality and performance. We just wish it wasn't quite so bulky.

I AM NOT INCLUDING THE SAMSUNG GALAXY S5. I JUST HATE IT. ITS JUST SAMSUNG'S TOY FOR GETTING ON THE TOP OF ANDROID SMARTPHONE MARKET.

Zi Xuan Tan likes this.
  5. XtreamSignature

XtreamSignature Member Droid Minion

Devices:
    Xperia Z1 C6903
    It depends on your choice really. But your right, Samsung's problem is not due to the message it conveys, its also right now, embarrassing to own one. Use a Samsung for about a few months, a Moto G would probably blow it out of the water. Anyways, @Bejoy Samuel as given quite useful options you can choose currently on the market. But of course, its still up to your choice really.