1. Join the forums

The Android Authority community is a great place to connect with other people from around the world who love Android.
    Why you should create an account?
    • Comment on articles and talk in our forums
    • Access to exclusive giveaways & contests
    • Collect Droids that can be redeemed for exclusive Android Authority apparel.
    • Get help from Android experts and other device owners.

Register or Login.

Are phone battery capacities real?

Discussion in 'Android News & Discussion' started by arizden, Jul 18, 2014.

1. arizden

arizden New Member

Devices:
    S3
    THL released new phone THL5000, which has a big advantage in battery, the capacity of it is 5000. What a crazy specification, it’s said that the standby time is 1000 hours, if you keen on listening to music, it can last for 125 hours, I think your ear will be explode. Under this capacity, the phone is still only 8.9mm thick. I am so doubt about the real capacity of the phone. It is really 5000mAh, maybe only 4000 or less. There are so many fake batteries on the market now. Have you bought some fake battery before, and what’s your comment on the new battery technology of this THL5000?
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2014
  2. dejkirkby

dejkirkby New Member

Devices:
    nexus 7 nexus 5 moto G
    I'm with you on this. I'm skeptical that a 5000 mAh battery is possible in those dimensions, but if it is Thl have set an new standard in battery form.
  3. arizden

arizden New Member

Devices:
    S3

It is said that they use new battery technology.
  4. Vincent

Vincent New Member

Devices:
    Huawei Ascend Y100
    I bought one cheap power bank but it can only add one full charge to my phone then i need to recharge it. It was a fake one.
  5. arizden

arizden New Member

Devices:
    S3
    what are the capacity of powerbank and phone battery, maybe it is only enough for charging your phone one time.
  6. Mewtwo

Mewtwo New Member

Devices:
    Galaxy S4, iPhone 5S
    Yeah, my dad bought one for around US$5 that claimed to be 15K mAh or something, but it turns out it was more like 4K mAh. My real 14K mAh powerbank can charge my iPhone from 5% to 100% 3 times (if I don't use it while charging)
    Vincent likes this.
  7. Vincent

Vincent New Member

Devices:
    Huawei Ascend Y100
    power bank is rated 8000mAH and my phone is 1600 .
  8. Martin Zlocha

Martin Zlocha New Member

Devices:
    Nexus 10
    Well its probably fake but you have to account for the fact that the isn't 100 percent efficient, it will be 30-50% and the fact that your phone is probably running...