1. Join the forums

The Android Authority community is a great place to connect with other people from around the world who love Android.
    Why you should create an account?
    • Comment on articles and talk in our forums
    • Access to exclusive giveaways & contests
    • Collect Droids that can be redeemed for exclusive Android Authority apparel.
    • Get help from Android experts and other device owners.

Register or Login.

Apps restart when switching apps

Discussion in 'Moto G' started by finki, Aug 31, 2014.

1. finki

finki New Member

Devices:
    Moto G
    Using Moto G for a while. I have a peculiar issue when switching apps. Hope I can get help from you geeks.

When I coming back to an app using recent apps tab, the app restarts and lands in the home page of that app. I tried disabling task killers and also did factory reset, but nothing comes to rescue me.

This causing main headache when,
    1) when I switch to messages to get the OTP during transaction with internet banking app, it logs out resulting in failing of that transaction.

2)Skype gets logs out and logs in again when I come back to the app using recent apps tab or notification bar. This results in disconnection of the current call. The same happens when I receive a pop-up message while the screen light is off.

Please help to come out of this.
  2. finki

finki New Member

Devices:
    Moto G
    Please anyone come in and help
  3. vinay

vinay New Member

Devices:
    Moto G
    Some times it happens to my phone. I changed the run time to ART. But still it can't keep up with multiple apps and i don't think a sub $200 phone can handle heavy multitasking.
  4. aioli

aioli New Member

Devices:
    Moto G, Samsung Galaxy S2
    It's the 1 GB of RAM that causes this. The phone can't handle many applications at the same time so I just swipe away those I don't use at the moment and keep between 2-4 open. I don't encounter the problem nearly as often this way.