Android noob seeking a little advice

Posted Apr 13, 2017 by BigFruitToss

1. BigFruitToss

BigFruitToss Member Scrap Metal

After enough frustration with Apple, I finally bought an Android tablet this week. An Asus z500m. I LOVE IT!! Fast as hell, and works beautifully. My iphone 6 plus will get tossed as soon as OnePlus puts out their new phone. Then I'm done with the big fruit. It will be nice to own devices I can actually exercise some control over, for a change.

That being said, antivirus is really not necessary on Apple, but as far as I've read is necessary on Android. I've loaded up the free version of Kapersky, but since Google results are flooded with more astroturfing than facts about products, I want to get the opinion of other users. Which AV should I use/buy?

I also want to know what you think the must-haves are, and where I can read trustworthy reviews/tech docs/advice, etc. I'm on a mission to make my entire house fruit-free, and I can only do it if I can woo the girls away from their iCrap.

Like I said, I know I can find all this stuff by searching, but more than half the search results are weak attempts at marketing substandard products. I need opinions from actual users. Thanks in advance!