1. Join the forums

The Android Authority community is a great place to connect with other people from around the world who love Android.
    Why you should create an account?
    • Comment on articles and talk in our forums
    • Access to exclusive giveaways & contests
    • Collect Droids that can be redeemed for exclusive Android Authority apparel.
    • Get help from Android experts and other device owners.

Register or Login.

Android L for 2013 Flagships

Discussion in 'Android News & Discussion' started by Junaid Jabbar, Aug 5, 2014.

1. Junaid Jabbar

Junaid Jabbar Member

Devices:
    LG G2
    Hey there,
    I'm New here and i am just curious that how much there is a chance of getting Android L update for the Flagship Devices of 2013 like Xperia Z1, LG G2, G Pro 2, HTC M7 including the korean Models of different devices etc.
    Won't the focus more on the devices of 2014 or we will have update.
    Wanna know views of you people.
    Thanku.

2. Luka

Luka Administrator Staff Member Sentient Droid

Devices:
    Xiaomi Mi3
    LG G3/G2, Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy S5/S4, HTC One M8/M7, Nexus 5/4, Nexus 7, Nexus 10 are getting L = source.
    Sony Xperia Z 2013, Sony Xperia ZL, Sony Xperia ZR, Sony Xperia Tablet Z are getting L = source.

3. Lavinasjoe

Lavinasjoe Member Drone Droid

Devices:
    Nexus 7, Nexus 4, Nexus 5, LG G watch
    Well most of the Flagship devices Should get Android L although my question would be When will these flagship devices get it? How long after it is released, if you are rocking a Nexus devices you should be be one of the first, same applies to Motorola devices as they are super fast in sending out updates. Samsung on the other hand could take a couple months if your phone is unlocked from a carrier if not you will be waiting for Samsung to approve the update then the carrier to add bloat wear before you will see the update on your device.

ASSUREDCHIMERA6 likes this.
  4. Bogdan Petrovan

Bogdan Petrovan Warden of the East Staff Member Protocol Droid

Hopefully, having the L preview will help speed up preparations. HTC promised 90 days, and OnePlus One as well.

5. Lanh Nguyen

Lanh Nguyen Team AA Staff Member Drone Droid

Devices:
    Nexus 5 and Moto X
    they all are capable of running it. It's purely up the OEM to decide if they want to but yes 2014 flagships will be their priority.

6. SteveTheGreek

SteveTheGreek Member

Devices:
    Samsung Tab PRO 8.4 WiFi
    For Sony :
    Z3 Before z4 announcement
    Z2 around July
    Z1 August
    Z who knows ??? lol
    They are always late with updates

7. Ryu Haneda

Ryu Haneda Member Droid Minion

Devices:
    HTC One Max, Droid 4
    I'm curious about Android L for 2013 devices as well. Given my experiences with an older Droid 4 running KitKat, I'm hopeful that newer devices will take the upgrade better. (Or, I can just blast everything, root my device, drop in Android L, and not care about certain apps that just won't work :)

8. Parth Khurana

Parth Khurana Member Scrap Metal

Devices:
    Samsung galaxy 3, LG G 2
    Well all the flagship phones of 2013 should get android L update which include LG G2, HTC M7, XPERIA Z1, SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 3, GALAXY S4.Although there are many other Smartphones which are capable of getting Android L but its all upto the company that whether they are willing to update their smartphone or not.

9. Garcel

Garcel Member Scrap Metal

Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy s4
    Thanks for this Luka. It might be hard for me to resist the temptation to update to L on my GS4 once the update is out. For sure it will take some time again to make a rooting process and me I'm fallen in love with the Xposed Framework so I might not update till there is a way to root L

10. ironMar

ironMar Member

Devices:
    Sony Xperia ZL
    im hoping that xperia ZL will get an Android L updates