Always on display good idea?

Posted Jun 26, 2017 by gkrc717

1. gkrc717

gkrc717 Member Scrap Metal

I love the always on display. I especially like the edge clock, but is it a good idea to use that feature? Especially being Amoled. Could it fry the screen?

2. Meshaun

Meshaun Member Scrap Metal

I think you can refer to this:

However, I don't use the AOD anymore as it has an effect on the battery. There's about a 2% drain per hour.

3. Jake Lam

Jake Lam Well-Known Member HAL

Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (N910C), Samsung Galaxy SII, Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 WiFi Edition, Sony PRS-350, Sony PRS-T3
    Personally, I don't think that the Always on Display function is a good idea for an AMOLED display as you may still experience burn in. Even though the icons do move about every so often. While I'll admit that the AOD function could be handy as a clock for somebody who doesn't own a watch.

4. tube517

tube517 Member Scrap Metal

Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+, Toshiba Thrive, ZTE ZMAX Pro, ZTE Trek 2 HD
    I turned mine off. While it looks good, I found that I don't really need it

5. machinerisms

machinerisms Member Scrap Metal

Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+, Samsung Galaxy S5
    I turned my AOD off to avoid battery drain, and I didn't like the way it looked. I guess this comes with the territory from switching from an S5 because it just looked unnatural to me.

6. SC_al

SC_al Member Scrap Metal

I have had mine on for the last 3 months ,love the fact I can glance over and see the battery life, time and date in the Edge, saves pressing the power button.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

7. Maria Bou

Maria Bou Member Scrap Metal

Well, i used it because its no change about to have to charge my device every night before to sleep.
    Let me explain, if i use AOD i have to put to charge my device with 12-15%, if i dont use it, maybe i could get at same hour with 20-25%, but also i have to charge for tomorrow.
    Kind regards.