AA podcast discussion.

Posted Jun 5, 2016 by peter11star

1. peter11star

peter11star Active Member Protocol Droid

Devices:
    Galaxy s7, Nvidia Shield K1, Nexus Player, Lg G Watch Urbane
    I think you, Joe, would throw your moto citrus at the pokemon as if it were an actually a pokeball. Btw i'd love to see you destroy a moto citrus on video.

2. Jake Lam

Jake Lam Well-Known Member HAL

Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (N910C), Samsung Galaxy SII, Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 WiFi Edition, Sony PRS-350, Sony PRS-T3
    I find it hilarious that those who invest in Nintendo dumped their stocks when they discovered that Nintendo doesn't actually make Pokemon Go! Nintendo doesn't actually make videogames they make videogames consoles!

I can actually imagine Joe doing that!

3. peter11star

Devices:
    Valid point. I know Niantaic can't sue over stocks, but if they did and won, their stock would be so crazy high.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

4. peter11star

Devices:
    For the record Joe Hindy, we love you. We just love picking on you. Lol haha

5. Jake Lam

Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (N910C), Samsung Galaxy SII, Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 WiFi Edition, Sony PRS-350, Sony PRS-T3
    That law suit would be similar to the ongoing Apple Vs Samsung law suit, which is still going on!

All of us but Nirave! :D

6. peter11star

Devices:
    I thought that lawsuit was done and apple won? Remember they removed all of the Samsung 2011/2012 phones and banned them from being sold.

7. Jake Lam

Devices:
    I still see ongoing lawsuits in some tech news sites every so often.

8. peter11star

Devices:
    If that's the case, then I just wish that they would settle already.

9. Jake Lam

Devices:
    You and me both! I'm sick of seeing those headlines everytime I visit those techie news sites!

10. Jake Lam

Devices:
    Just finished listening to the Episode 75 of the Podcast.

I must be one of the few people who is actually excited about the iris scanner of the Note 7. As I think it would be much more secure than a fingerprint scanner. As you can steal a person's fingerprint if you know how to do it. While it's impossible to steal somebody's eyeball unless you take it out of the person's head!

I also agree with Joe that the Note 5 wasn't much of a improvement over the Note 4. As the Note 5 is nothing more than just a big SGS6 with a S-Pen!

11. peter11star

Devices:
    I would agree with you on the note 5. I know you compared the note 5 to the s6, but in your case, the only reason to upgrade from the note 4 is for Samsung pay. That's it. Most of everything else came such as screen off memo, capture plus, etc. Did live YouTube recording come to the note 4?

12. Aengus

Aengus Member Scrap Metal

Devices:
    LG G4, Samsung Galaxy tab 4
    I am super excited for the note 7 and the iris scanner. As they said in podcast 73 or 74, it probably won't be great but it is a great new innovation

13. Jake Lam

Devices:
    I think I can get android pay to work on my device. It is available for it on the Play Store. I'm not sure if I got live YouTube Recording on my device, I will have to check if I can download that feature via my device's camera app.

After seeing the videos of the demo models. I think Samsung knocked it out the park with the iris scanner on the Note 7. It's superfast, the only problem is that it can't be used in conjunction with glasses and contact lenses (but Josh managed to get it to work no problem while wearing contact lenses.). Also you can use the iris scanner in direct sunlight.

14. peter11star

Devices:
    Well yeah, of course you can get android pay working on your note 4. This time, I think Samsung made a note device worth upgrading to. Especially because this is now a Joe Hindy approved phone.

Lahn did mention that the iris scanner is a first gen product, and he said it worked very well. That said, they will make it better, to a point where you won't have to take your glasses off to use it.

15. Jake Lam

Devices:
    I agree this time Samsung did a good job on the Note 7, when compared to the Note 5. Which was a nothing more than a SGS6 with a S-Pen. The only reason Hindy approved the Note 7 is because it comes with 64GB of internal storage. As he wants to be able to have Final Fantasy 7 on his device all the time! :p

It's actually Samsung's 2nd attempt at the iris scanner as they did make a tablet with iris scanning security tech not long ago. I don't know how well it worked but I believe the iris scanner was rear facing. I don't think they will be able to do that, as even dedicated retina scanning technology requires the subject to not wear anything on or covering their eye when scanning.

16. peter11star

Devices:
    That's true. But the iris is now being sold to the general public. I think the tablets that had it were for a company and their employees in India. This is the first consumer iris scanner. But from what I hear, they knocked it out of the park.

17. Jake Lam

Devices:
    Oh, yeah without a doubt Samsung did a excellent job with the first commercial market release of the iris scanner. The fact that they were able to if it on a handheld device shows how innovative Samsung were when designing the Note 7.

18. peter11star

Devices:
    The only problem with the iris scanner is that you have to look directly at the phone in front of your face. As time goes on, they should make it to where you typically hold your phone, which is probably down around your waist or chest at a 45 degree angle.

19. Jake Lam

Devices:
    That is true, but I like the idea of being prompted to look direct at your device to unlocking. It's quite similar to the retina scanners used in some high security access places.

20. peter11star

Devices:
    Great "beginning" guys lol.

In my eyes, I think the lg v20 should utilize the the modules that came with the g5. Just simply because as Josh said, their version of modularity would just be a lie.

Also I find that the priv, although I've never handled a priv, the back looks like it is very cheap. That said I do agree that they need to focus on making software. If they do make a keyboard, they should make one that plugs into your USB port on your phone.

To their point on USB C, I think it's a good idea to NOT buy any USB C phones until it's 100% mainstreamed and there is one way to sorta doing it. The way OnePlus did it, they lost some business from people who don't use OnePlus phones.