AA podcast discussion.

Posted Jun 5, 2016 by peter11star

1. Jake Lam

Jake Lam Well-Known Member HAL

Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (N910C), Samsung Galaxy SII, Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 WiFi Edition, Sony PRS-350, Sony PRS-T3
    Or doing anything that requires your immediate attention while playing Pokemon Go is a bad idea in general! I'm guessing you had an accident while riding your bike and trying to catch a Pikachu this morning! :D

2. Luka

Luka Administrator Staff Member Team AA HAL

Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5, Sony SmartWatch 3
    No, but I wasn't far from it. :p

3. Jake Lam

Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (N910C), Samsung Galaxy SII, Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 WiFi Edition, Sony PRS-350, Sony PRS-T3
    I KNEW IT!!! :specs:

4. peter11star

peter11star Active Member Protocol Droid

Devices:
    Galaxy s7, Nvidia Shield K1, Nexus Player, Lg G Watch Urbane
    Oh and don't do it while working. Unless you are planning on losing your job.

They did talk about how good mobile gaming is getting. It really is getting good with graphics and stuff. I mean, final fantasy is now on android. That was a PlayStation game. Now its on android. BTW I'm waiting for Nintendo to put a gameboy color app on to android so that we can play gameboy color games.

5. Jake Lam

Devices:
    I guess that's a good way to get fired from job! :p

Oh, yeah mobile gaming has really taken off the past couple of years. As they are starting to being some pretty good titles to android. I really like that developers are starting to port retro console games like Sonic, R-Type, Final Fantasy onto android. I like the idea of sharing the games that we played as kids with our kids in the future.

6. peter11star

Devices:
    Oh yeah for sure. I had that one sonic game on my shield k1 tablet. It was pretty good. Its only gonna get better especially with VR and AR being a thing that exists.

7. Jake Lam

Devices:
    I'm not all that interested in VR and AR gaming. I have a feeling it's gonna be like 3D media viewing. Meaning it will be a shortly lived fad with little possibity of futher development once he fad has ended.

8. peter11star

Devices:
    Not every game is gonna be AR or VR. I'm just pointing out that games are gonna just get better and if Sony, Nintendo, or Microsoft were smart, they would all put their games on the mobile app stores as paid apps.

9. Jake Lam

Devices:
    While mobile gaming is a constantly growing marketplace and will probably be a seriously contender to traditional gaming tech. I don't think it will ever replace traditional gaming tech as allot of people would like to be able to play their games at home on the big screen. But I do think mobile gaming may soon replace portable games consoles as the majority of mobile devices are much more powerful than any portable games console on the market.

10. peter11star

Devices:
    So another podcast has come and has gone.

Hindy did his usual Nirave roasting.

They did talk about the Note 7 coming up. Rumor is that it is supposed to have an edge screen and that there is no regular variant. They did talk about each OEM having their "thing" that sets eavh phone apart. Have phones become "gimmicky?"

11. Jake Lam

Devices:
    I for one am looking forward to the release of the Note 7, especially the international Exynos variant. It is a shame that the Note 7 will probably be released with a edge screen similar to the SGS7 Edge. I do wonder if Samsung has been able to make the Edge screen functions with the S-Pen. I think Hindy may have been right about handsets being gimmicky these days, as it is all about the gimmick that helps sell them.

12. Luka

Devices:
    For most of them yes. LG G5, Moto Z and so on. You can debate how useful it is or isn't, but unless it's a feature everyone could use and your phone is centered around it; it's a gimmicky phone.

13. peter11star

Devices:
    I could argue that the Moto Z modularity is useful for more than one use case. For example you can use the projector module for office presentations. Samsung does it on more of a software level and gimmicky because most of those features are useless.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

14. peter11star

Devices:
    The Note 7 is gonna be interesting. Hopefully it will be better. If you had a working note 4 then there really wasn't much of a reason to upgrade to the Note 5.

15. Luka

Devices:
    With Samsung flagships it only makes sense making an upgrade every 2 years.

16. peter11star

Devices:
    At this point, that's pretty much true.

17. Jake Lam

Devices:
    I agree the way Lenovo innovated modularity into the design of the Moto Z was genius. As it didn't create a structural flaw in the device like in the LG G5. I like the fact that you can have different modules for different things, like a speaker for sharing music or a projector for presenting a presentation. Yeah, but Samsung did add some usefully pieces of hardware into their devices like the addition of a heart rate monitor for fitness tracking.

I've only had my Note 4 N910C for about a 8-10 months now. I'm not in a hurry to upgrade to a new handset anytime soon, as it's functioning perfectly fine. Plus it will probably get Nougat when it's released. As long as my device is still within the current spec limitations I don't see the point in upgrading unless I have too.

18. peter11star

Devices:
    I do agree with you on the fitness tracker. I have found myself using the heart rate monitor myself.

19. peter11star

Devices:
    I wouldn't nessessarly bet on that because the note 4 was a KitKat device. Usually phones have 3 OS's. Its out of box OS, 1 upgrade, 2nd upgrade. Think of it like this, Note 4 came out on K, right. So think K, L, M.

20. Jake Lam

Devices:
    Same here. I've been using the Step/Walk Counter, Heart Rate, Stress, and SpO2 monitors daily to keep track of my general health.

I've actually read online that Samsung might be releasing Nougat for the Note 5 and the SGS5. Seeing as allot of people are still using them since they are the last flagship device released by Samsung that still have the removable battery.