AA podcast discussion.

Posted Jun 5, 2016 by peter11star

1. Jake Lam

Jake Lam Well-Known Member HAL

Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (N910C), Samsung Galaxy SII, Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 WiFi Edition, Sony PRS-350, Sony PRS-T3
    Interesting I thought that purchasing a Nexus device directly from Google would be more expensive than other retailers, guess I was wrong there. Really, I know somebody who has the Xperia Z2 and he absolutely loves it. But then again he doesn't use the camera all that much.

You never know what case manufacturers will do. But it would be interesting if Lenovo/Motorola will be able to work with case manufacturers to make case with modular features in them. Then again I guess Lenovo/Motorola could always design, manufacture and sell those themselves and cut out the middle man. Not all of case manufacturers make cases for the Lenovo or Motorola devices anyway. The ones that do tend to be cheap generic brands.

2. peter11star

peter11star Active Member Protocol Droid

Devices:
    Galaxy s7, Nvidia Shield K1, Nexus Player, Lg G Watch Urbane
    I heard the 6p being sold somewhere, brand new, for $350. The Z2 is good and all, except for the camera.

They might just sell those kinds of cases themselves. That might be the only way of getting them.

3. Jake Lam

Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (N910C), Samsung Galaxy SII, Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 WiFi Edition, Sony PRS-350, Sony PRS-T3
    Wow! That is a pretty competitive price for a Nexus 6P! I've also heard that the front facing speakers on the Z2 aren't very loud.

Wouldn't surprise me if they did. It is a good way to make more money and cut out the middle to increase profits!

4. Jake Lam

Devices:
    OK, this has to be asked! Hindy what is a Hooman exactly? :confused:

5. peter11star

Devices:
    New podcast out. 070. This is my Hooman.

Me personally, I'm not gonna make any judgments on an Iris Scanner until I see someone use it. Because like Hindy said, people said that the finger print on the 2014 Samsung phones were not good because it was a swipe down kind. But as time went on Samsung got better with this using a press type finger print sensor. Then other OEMs got into the finger print game. That said, I think it will be the same thing for Iris Scanners.

6. Jake Lam

Devices:
    Yeah, Hindy does have a point on that. But I'm still really interested in seeing how the Retina Scanner will perform on the Note 7. I mean the swipe fingerprint scanner used on early Samsung device were that bad. I managed to get access to my N910C using the fingerprint scanner to unlock the lockscreen 99% of the time. Sure the press/touch type fingerprint scanners are easier to use and probably more accurate than the swipe types. But at the time of the release it wasn't that bad.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
  7. Jonathan Feist

Jonathan Feist Team AA Staff Member Team AA Protocol Droid

Devices:
    Nexus 6P, honor MediaPad X2, LG Urbane
    Getting ready to record #071 now. Tell Joe what he should rant about.

8. Joe Hindy

Joe Hindy AA App Guy Staff Member Team AA

Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3, LG Nexus 5, LG G Watch, NVIDIA Shield Tablet
    [​IMG]

9. Jake Lam

Devices:
    I expect Hindy to rant more about Average Users, just because he is Joe Hindy! :D

10. Akash Jain

Akash Jain Well-Known Member Sentient Droid HAL

Devices:
    HTC Butterfly 2, Vido M9i (Dual Boot)
    BTW, who a average user is? The person who can use his/her phone perfectly without a big whooping storage?:confused:

11. Jake Lam

Devices:
    Sounds like another question for Hindy. I'm still waiting for him to explain what a Hooman is? :confused:

12. Luka

Luka Administrator Staff Member Team AA HAL

Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5, Sony SmartWatch 3
    Scroll up :p

13. Jake Lam

Devices:
    Yeah, but that picture only explains the migratory patterns of Crogifish. While that is a very interesting fact, it doesn't actually explain what a Hooman is....... :confused:

14. peter11star

Devices:
    For the next one, tell him to rant about how he can't find a bulbasaur anywhere. Lol

15. peter11star

Devices:
    Episode 071 is in the books.

Should beauty mode be on by default? No. Should it be available? Yes. If Samsung has it on by default then they are basically saying that people are ugly and you need beauty mode. I do think it is something that people do want though.

16. Jonathan Feist

Jonathan Feist Team AA Staff Member Team AA Protocol Droid

Devices:
    Nexus 6P, honor MediaPad X2, LG Urbane
    As I said, I really believe that the problem is not that beauty mode exists, or is on or off by default, it is that you cannot control what aspects make up said beauty mode. I want to decide what is "beauty" and take control of whether or not it changes skin tone, blemishes etc. Without that control, the app devs are explicitly deciding what is and is not beautiful.

17. peter11star

Devices:
    Then the app developers need to allow people to add an eraser to beauty mode so that you can decide on your own what is beautiful.

18. peter11star

Devices:
    In Joe Hindy's mind, that is how dogs say "Human."

Joe did some more "average user" hating today with the Nvidia Shield first gen tablet only having 32 GB. All jokes aside about that, I do think OEMs should give storage options on all carriers in the US.

Oh and please do not Pokémon GO and drive.

19. Jake Lam

Devices:
    Yeah, it would be good if you had more control over could be done to your pictures in beauty mode.

I agree, playing with your android device while driving is dangerous.

20. Luka

Luka Administrator Staff Member Team AA HAL

Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5, Sony SmartWatch 3
    Riding a bicycle and playing Pokemon Go is also a bad idea. Let's not get into how I know that :D