1. Join the forums

The Android Authority community is a great place to connect with other people from around the world who love Android.
    Why you should create an account?
    • Comment on articles and talk in our forums
    • Access to exclusive giveaways & contests
    • Collect Droids that can be redeemed for exclusive Android Authority apparel.
    • Get help from Android experts and other device owners.

Register or Login.

A new Launcher

Discussion in 'Android News & Discussion' started by Vladi, May 31, 2014.

1. Vladi

Vladi Member

Devices:
    Galaxy s4
    Hello lads!

A friend and myself are always searching for a good and stable android Launcher.
    The problem is that the really good launchers[Nova,Apex] are about Android 4.3. and lower.

Have used Inspire Launcher for the longest time [3 months] and always searching for a new one.
    Any suggestions for a Launcher ?
    So far I tried the following :
    Inspire
    Solo
    Buzz
    Smart
    and Aviate
    Looking for a stable and not a "too much" launcher like buzz or smart launcher.
    Dont mind if its a paid app or not.
    Help me out Android army,Thanks !

2. AveragerootedANDROIDuser

AveragerootedANDROIDuser Member Drone Droid

Devices:
    Nexus 5, Galaxy ace 2, Digicel Dl600, BlueStacks, and a chinese knock off android tablet.
  3. Rob Triggs

Rob Triggs Administrator Staff Member Battle Droid

Devices:
    Galaxy S2 (PA 4.4), LG G3
    Welcome to the forum :)

What do you mean by this exactly? Nova (and many others) work with Android 4.0 and up, meaning that they will run fine on the newest versions of Android too (such as 4.4 KitKat). If you're looking for something that runs on older versions of Android, try ADW, which even works with really old versions.

4. Bejoy Samuel

Bejoy Samuel Member

Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500; Nexus 7 (W+C) (2012)
    Google Now Launcher
    It's compatible straight out of the box with all Nexus and Google Play Edition devices, and two minutes with a computer will get it running on all Android 4.x handsets.

Launcher Pro
    Although it lacks some of the bells and whistles of its more advanced stablemates, Launcher Pro is a solid upgrade from the stock launcher, with much faster scrolling and more customisation options, and even some sleek tricks like unlimited widget resizing.

Buzz Launcher
    There are certainly more powerful launchers out there, but if you're all about matching the colour of your shoelaces to your cravat (and don't have an iPhone), then this is probably the launcher for you.

Action Launcher Pro
    Sadly, you have to pay the requisite couple of quid for the premium version if you want to get your hands on the goodies.

Zeam
    The upside of course is super-smooth performance, even on the oldest, crummiest phones around. If you're looking for a speed boost for a handset running Gingerbread (that's Android 2.x to you and us), Zeam fits the bill pretty well, and it's also free.

5. John Farrell

John Farrell Well-Known Member Battle Droid

Devices:
    Galaxy Tab2
    Well, I think there is a need add some launchers like Next 3D launcher, Nova Launcher, etc.... I am sure they also work out in a better way ! :)

6. Aniket

Aniket Member Droid Minion

Devices:
    Samsung S II GT I9100 CM11
    It actually depends on how you use your phone.. To keep it sweet and simple use APUS launcher or for the animation and creativity stuff use Nova, buzz,.. Etc

7. dejkirkby

dejkirkby Member Battle Droid

Devices:
    Nexus 7 Nexus 5 Moto G Lumia 635
    You should give the Yahoo Aviate launcher a try. I love it.

8. Jayfeather787

Jayfeather787 Member Droid Minion

Devices:
    Nexus 7 2013, Nexus 5, HTC Sensation, Motorola Droid X, Samsung Galaxy Exhibit
    NOVA NOVA NOVA NOVA NOVA NOVA NOVA NOVA NOVA NOVA NOVA NOVA NOVA NOVA NOVA NOVA NOVA NOVA NOVA NOVA NOVA NOVA NOVA NOVA NOVA NOVA NOVA NOVA NOVA NOVA NOVA NOVA NOVA NOVA NOVA NOVA NOVA NOVA NOVA NOVA NOVA NOVA NOVA NOVA NOVA NOVA NOVA NOVA NOVA NOVA NOVA NOVA NOVA NOVA NOVA NOVA NOVA NOVA NOVA NOVA NOVA NOVA NOVA NOVA NOVA NOVA NOVA NOVA NOVA NOVA NOVA NOVA NOVA NOVA NOVA NOVA NOVA NOVA NOVA NOVA NOVA NOVA NOVA NOVA NOVA NOVA NOVA NOVA NOVA NOVA NOVA NOVA NOVA

9. Jonathan Feist

Jonathan Feist Team AA Staff Member Protocol Droid

Devices:
    Nexus 7, Moto G
    At this very moment, I have Apex, Nova, Go Launcher and Google Now Launcher all installed on my stock Moto G GPE. I can recommend all of them except Go, but I find that I consistently go back to Apex.

10. shashank

shashank Member Droid Minion

Devices:
    LG L5 with CM11
    Hey anyone remember ADW
    I have a low memory device. Smart launcher worked great for me. Currently I have trebuchet which came with cm.It is great.

11. emilioaponte

emilioaponte Member Scrap Metal

Devices:
    Google Nexus 5
    Holo Launcher HD works on KitKat 4.4.4, low at internal memory, fast and free.

12. Sinsational

Sinsational Member Scrap Metal

Devices:
    Note 2, Gear 2 neo, Nook HD+, Nook HD, Sony S tablet, Optimus V
    Does anyone use Themer? I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 running 4.3 on t-mobile. For some reason the icons on my themer page won't launch the app. Any ideas or suggestions are welcome. I plan to root my note 2 when i get my hands on the note 4 or a moto x if cheap enough.

13. Joe Hindy

Joe Hindy AA App Guy Staff Member Battle Droid

Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3, LG Nexus 5, LG G Watch
  14. Mewtwo

Mewtwo Member Protocol Droid

Devices:
    OnePlus One, iPhone 5S
    Aviate if you like everything in groups and at your fingertips, doesn't offer much with customization though

dejkirkby likes this.
  15. dejkirkby

dejkirkby Member Battle Droid

Devices:
    Nexus 7 Nexus 5 Moto G Lumia 635
    I really like the look of aviate