CM9 for LG O2X and LG G2X [Ice Cream Sandwich]
LG O2X and LG G2x users don’t have to wait for the official release of Ice cream Sandwich to experience its new features, now you can experience it with more added features in Cyanogenmod 9 by Arcee of Rootzwiki Forum.
Just follow the simple steps below.
- Make sure that your phone battery is charge at least 60%
- Backup your phone data into your computer.
- Turn on USB Debugging, on your homescreen tap Menu> Settings> Application> Development. Then, make sure that USB debugging is checked.
- LG O2X and LG G2X
- USB Data Cable
- First, download the right zip file of your phone to the computer
- Then, connect your phone to the computer using your USB Data Cable
- Next, copy the zip file you downloaded earlier to the root directory of your SD card.
- Disconnect your phone.
- Turn off your phone.
- Go to recovery mode: Press and hold the volume down + power button.
- Once you’re in the recovery, do a nandroid backup by selecting backup> backup and restore> then backup to start saving your old ROM. (This will make a full backup of your existing ROM, and save it to the SD card. You can restore from this backup, if something gets messed up with the installation.)
- Now do a full wipe by selecting Mount and Storage then wipe the following:
- Format System
- Format Data
- Format Cache
- Go back to main menu and select advance then wipe dalvik-cache.
- From the main menu select install zip from Sd card> choose zip from Sd card> then select the zip file you downloaded earlier to start flashing the CM9 ROM.
- Finally, go back to main menu and select Reboot system now.
Congratulations you can now enjoy your newly flash phone running on Cyanogenmod 9, enjoy!