Chameleon Launcher Beta Updated to 0.9.5 – First Release Candidate Build
Fans of Chameleon Launcher – you shall not be waiting much longer now. With a regular release and update cycle, the Chameleon Launcher team has reached its first release candidate build.
Most of the 0.95 features and fixes make a distinct difference to the performance and usability of Chameleon, notably the stability improvements regarding widgets. I’ve been running the update this morning and I’m delighted to see that everything is a little faster and the Widgets don’t implode after a few hours of usage.
New Features / Inclusions
- Added Dashboard Manager animations when adding/deleting a Dashboard
- App Tray icons no longer get cut-off by some devices.
- Additional start-up time improvements.
- Fixed a major bug in the web views used for widgets causing bloated memory.
- Home screens now go into a ‘Sleepy’ mode when inactive for a period of time.
- Fixed issue where widgets still sometimes appeared blank (fingers crossed)
- Fixed issue where widgets sometimes appear to be continually loading.
- There is now a max of only 4 home screens.
- Added “Shout Outs” section, to make our Kickstarter backers famous! Thanks for the support.
- Can now post tweets/updates from Twitter and Facebook Widgets when the native apps are installed.
- Added, updated and finalized the default Chameleon wallpapers.
The demand for more widgets has also been answered. The team claims to be working on a Google+ and Calendar widget. In the 0.9.0 build they also released Widget templates and a system which means developers can begin designing away before the final release. The final release is expected to include a store/market for the widgets to be downloaded from.
Not long now everyone!