If Samsung Captivate SGH-I897 users have been feeling neglected, they don’t have a reason to now because the MyUI Euphoria has just been released for Captivate phones. Based on MIUIAndroid 2.3.30 v2, MyUI Euphoria comes packed with the AROMA installer, which allows you to customize some aspects of the ROM before you install it on your phone, and features like an ICS control application, three-way reboot, Glitch kernel, and Google Apps.
The MyUI Team members, the minds behind this release, are still working on the ROM but they promise that they’re trying to resolve some reported issues, such as the Google Play Store not working for all users and being unable to receive OTA updates. Don’t let those small bugs discourage you; the rest of the ROM is in working condition.
- If you’re excited to get this ROM on your phone, we’d like to remind readers that the MyUI Euphoria is compatible only with the Samsung Captivate, model number SGH-I897. You can check your model number through Settings > About Phone. If your phone is incompatible, we highly discourage flashing this ROM to your device as it may lead to bricking.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. Do not hold us responsible if you damage your phone.
- Download the MyUI Euphoria ROM ZIP file to your computer.
- Copy the ZIP file to the root of your Captivate’s SD card.
- Turn off your Captivate.
- Boot into Recovery Mode. You can do this by pressing and holding down the Volume Up, Volume Down, and Power buttons. Continue holding down all three until the Captivate’s screen flashes; you can then release the buttons.
- Create a Nandroid backup in Recovery Mode by selecting Backup and restore > Backup.
- Select Wipe Data/Factor Reset, then select Yes on the next screen to confirm.
- Select Install Zip from SD Card and then select Choose Zip from SD Card.
- Scroll to the MyUI ROM zip file and select it to begin flashing.
- Once installation starts, your Captivate might reboot into Recovery Mode. If your Captivate gets stuck in a boot loop, simply remove the battery, reinsert it, boot into Recovery Mode again, and start over from step 6 .
- The AROMA Installer should appear, giving you the option to customize the ROM’s installation. Make any necessary changes according to your preferences.
- Wait for the ROM to finish installing then press the Finish button to reboot the phone.
The first boot can take up to 10 minutes, so please be patient. Once your phone completely boots, your Captivate will now be running on MyUI Euphoria 2.4.13-0143. Congratulations!
We're all multi-talented and multi-faceted here, but, perhaps, Carl is the most multi-faceted in the bunch. Among Carl's many interests, Android holds a special place. He's particularly fond of reviewing Android apps and writing step-by-step guides for fellow Android fans.