Having been released in the UK, in the US, and in other parts of the world – Samsung Canada finally announced the availability of the Galaxy 2 Tab for the Canadian market. It’s not too far off from our last report, which stated that the two variants of the Galaxy Tab 2 would hit stores on July 6.
Priced rather affordably by Samsung, the 7-inch and 10.1-inch model will come with 8GB and 16GB internal storage — respectively. These are all the WiFi versions of the Tab 2.
For the uninitiated, here are the specs of the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 and 10.1:
- Dual-core 1GHz TI OMAP 4430 processor
- 7.0-inch / 10.1-inch WXGA display with Gorilla Glass
- 8GB (7.0) – 16GB storage (10.1)
- microSD card slot
- 1GB RAM
- 3MP rear camera with full HD video recording
- VGA front-facing camera
- WiFi b/g/n ,WiFi Direct, Bluetooth 3.0
- 4,000mAh (7.0) and 7,000mAh (10.1) battery
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
Granted, the price of the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 is a bit higher than Google Nexus 7. But you do get the luxury of an expandable storage (up to 32GB) on the Tab 2. It’s also out now in retail stores across the country. One thing we’re not sure about is whether the 3G versions will ever see the light of day in Canada.
Canadian folks, are you planning to grab any of the Galaxy 2 Tabs?