Many times when you receive calls on our smartphones, you are on the go. This may make it hard to write down an important piece of information you have just received, or to remember to call someone back after you are done with the call. Call Actions is for the people who need that little reminder here or there, or for those who take many phone calls over a day and have a hard time keeping them all organized.
Call Actions is an after-call pop up that helps you get organized and stay organized with your phone. Its a straightforward app; after every call, Call Actions has a customizable pop up with options to:
- Call back the last call phone number
- Send an SMS
- View the contact or add a new number to your contacts list
- Send an email
- Search the phone number in Google. This can be useful if you don’t know a number that made a missed call.
- Add a new Calendar event associated to the contact/phone number. A fast way to write an appointment in your Google Calendar after a call. (Only available for Android 4.0 or later)
- Show additional options based on the applications installed in your Android phone like Facebook, Twitter, Evernote, Dropbox, etc.
- Set a reminder with an alarm. Very handy if you need to call back someone or remember something related to a contact.
- Share the contact including a VCard
- And more!
To really get down to fine tuning the app, the developer has a more settings areas. Here you can adjust the interface size down to a slimmer version; I actually preferred the smaller version to the default setup. Next, you can adjust auto close (if no action is performed) from never to 2 minutes, this is very useful if you won’t use the interface many times, and do not need the hassle of closing it after every call. The option from this section that I found most useful was the last call notification — if you are frequently returning calls, this is the setting to have turned on. When enabled, it will always display your last call in the notification bar, making a quick call back painless. Finally, in the “More settings” area there are some options for fine tuning the app reminders and actions.