Thanks to Darryl, one of our contributors, we’ve spotted an extremely low priced Tegra 2 Tablet, priced at $299.99
While it doesn’t have Android Honeycomb 3.0 on board, it’s specs are pretty good. Featuring the Nvidia Tegra 2 1Ghz dual core processor, with 16GB of memory on board, the Viewsonic gTablet 10.1 Internet Tablet boasts hardware that’s nearly as good as any of the tablets currently being offered by any of the major manufacturers, like Motorola, Samsung, LG, or Asus.
Knowing what we know about how much it costs to manufacturer these tablets, it sure would be nice to see competition intensify, and drive down the price closer to the $399.99 range. This, arguably, we make them too tempting to pass up.
While certainly not as beautiful, light, or appealing as the Motorola Xoom, or the world’s thinnest tablet – the Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 – the Viewsonic gPad 10.1 is still a very compelling proposition indeed. Other areas it allegedly falls short in are viewing angle, battery life, and the fact that it only has 512MB of RAM. Still, it packs an excellent performance punch with the Nvidia Tegra 2 processor, especially at $299.99
Check out the link to Tigerdirect if you can’t hold off anymore.
- Camera: 1.3-megapixel camera
- Battery: 3650mAh Li-ion polymer battery
- Dimensions (HxW): 6.8″ x 10.5″
- Weight (with battery): 1.55 lbs.
- Memory: 16GB internal memory
- Input/Output: USB 2.0 (Slave), Mini USB 2.0 (Host), 3.5mm stereo headphone, Micro SD, Dock for HDMI/Headphone/USB (optional), DC Input (Power)
- Operating System: Google Android 2.2 (Froyo)
- CPU: 1GHz NVIDIA Tegra 2 – Dual-core ARM Cortex-A9 CPU with 512MB DRR
- Video: NVIDIA Tegra 2, OpenGL ES 2.0, 32-bit LP-DDR2, DDR2
- Display: 10.1″ TFT-LCD with LED driver system
- Network: WiFi : 802.11 b/g/n Bluetooth: Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
- Resolutions: 1024×600 resolution
- Audio Outputs: Speakers – Built-in 2 x 1-watt stereo speakers 3.5mm stereo headphone
- Power: Voltage – 7.4V (Power Adapter)
- Screen Rotation
- Supported Media Formats: S1080p H.264/H.263/ VC-1/MPEG-2/4/WMV9/DiVX 4/5 Video Decode, 1080p H.264/MPEG-4 Video Encode, Supports multi-standard audio formats, including AAC, AMR, WMA, and MP3
Savvy spec-hunters will undoubtedly notice that this particular tablet only offers a resolution of 1024×600. While substantially lower than the other Honeycomb variants, which all feature 1280×800 resolution, you can’t argue with the price.
What’s the perfect price for an awesome tablet?