Beginners Guide: How to download Apps from the Android Market
Welcome to another one of our Beginner’s Guide about how to do something useful with your Android phone. We have written a Beginner’s Guide for Rooting, that you may want to check out. Today’s topic is downloading apps from the Android Market, both from your device and using the web interface that is available on your laptop or desktop computer.
- We’ll start off by opening up the Android Market – I know it sounds simple but some people aren’t as tech savvy as the rest of us.
- Then you should see the screen below (unless you have an older version of the market) and you can now browse or search for an app.
- Once you find the app you want to download simple tap “install”
- It will then take you to another screen telling you which permissions the app needs, then tap “Accept & Download”
- Once the Download starts you can see the progress in the notifications bar – as shown below.
- Once it is done downloading and installing, you can then open the app from the notification window and start using it.
Downloading from the Desktop version of the Android Market:
One thing that most other App Store’s do not have is the ability to download apps on your computer and have them download automatically on to your Android Device.
- In your browser (preferrably Google Chrome) go to http://market.android.com
- Make sure you click the sign in button in the top right corner, and simply sign in with the same Google account you have your phone set up with.
- Next find an app you want to download.
- Click “Install” (under the install button it will show you if that particular app is compatible with your device(s).) and a box will pop up and ask you which device you want to download to (if you have more then one registered) and confirm it.
- Once you confirm the download just click “Ok” and in a couple minutes your app will be downloaded onto your phone.
- And now you’re all set to start using your newly downloaded app.
It’s really just that simple. Downloading from the Amazon App Store is a bit more tricky, but we will have that tutorial available a bit later for you. Have any questions? Feel free to leave them in the comments.