[UPDATE] BBM for Android said to be coming September 20th, iOS version launching the next day
Through fake apps, rumored testing, and leaked user manuals, one thing remains consistent about Blackberry Messenger: we still don’t have it. The original promise was that we’d see it “before the end of summer”, but like most things
RIM Blackberry, Thorsten Heins seems intent on pushing it right to the edge. Now, Crackberry is reporting they have a very specific timeframe for BBM rollout, and it’s coming to Android September 20th.
According to the dedicated Blackberry site, the rollout will happen like this:
- Friday, Sept 20th, 7am EST: Android version published on Google Play
- Friday, Sept 20th, 7am EST: BBM.com goes live
- Friday, Sept 20th, 7am EST: CRM messages sent out to pre-registrants
- Friday, Sept 20th, 7am EST: Follow-up CRM message sent after App Store deployment
- Saturday, Sept 21st: BBM on iOS becomes available 12:01am EST in local time zones
While this is the most specific news we’ve seen regarding a true rollout, we’ll believe it when we see it. With news of a fragmented Blackberry poised to sell itself off piece by piece, we’re not excited to have yet another messenger service to adapt to, considering it could very well end up in Hangouts or WhatsApp.
[UPDATE] Blackberry makes it official. The launch will be the 21st for Android, not the 20th, as reported.