Windows computer users are usually the luckier ones when it comes to having tools for customizing their Android phones. That leaves Mac users having to borrow a friend’s Windows computer to fiddle with their devices but today, Mac users who own either the AT&T or Rogers HTC One X have gotten lucky.
Thanks to XDA Developers senior member jnichols959, Mac users can easily unlock the bootloaders on their their phones and set the phones to SuperCID. The Mac Bootloader SuperCID Unlock Script is a combination of the Linux script from Jeepfreak and DesignGears’ Windows Script with some tweaks. And, as it says on the tin, it only runs on Mac computers.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the AT&T or Rogers HTC One X. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- A rooted AT&T One X or Rogers One X
- A Mac computer
- USB debugging enabled on your phone. You can do this through Settings > Developer Options.
- Fastboot enabled on your device. You can do this through Settings > Power.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Mac Bootloader SuperCID Unlock Script (OneXL_SuperCID_Mac_v1_0.zip, sha1sum: f359c75f756e9e7ed878378cf481647c854120d0).
- Download the OneXL_SuperCID_Mac_v1_0.zip file to your computer.
- Double-click the ZIP file to extract its contents. This will create a folder called OneXL_SuperCID_Mac_v1_0.
- Open the OneXL_SuperCID_Mac_v1_0 folder.
- Locate the OneXL_SuperCID_Mac and double-click it to launch the tool.
- The tool will open a window with step-by-step instructions. The script guides you in setting SuperCID on your phone, and thereafter, in unlocking your phone’s bootloader. Just follow the onscreen instructions.
Congratulations! You’ve now successfully unlocked the bootloader on your AT&T or Rogers HTC One X and/or set your phone to SuperCID.
We're all multi-talented and multi-faceted here, but, perhaps, Carl is the most multi-faceted in the bunch. Among Carl's many interests, Android holds a special place. He's particularly fond of reviewing Android apps and writing step-by-step guides for fellow Android fans.