The custom recovery from the Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) is now available for the AT&T One X. TWRP Recovery is a great alternative to ClockworkMod Recovery, allowing you to flash custom kernels and scripts to your device.
Though having only half the number of cores compared to its international counterpart, the AT&T One X is a great device in terms of smooth processing and stylish design. But, just like most phones, you can get the most of the AT&T One X if you customize it. You can enjoy more features if you install custom kernels or ROMs, not to mention improve the device’s performance.
The Team Win Recovery Project has released its custom recovery for your device. It has full touch support with a graphical interface so you don’t have to abuse those Volume buttons and it’s also packed with other handy features. Some of these features are the ability to queue ZIP files for installation (certainly much easier than the usual process of selecting one ZIP file after another), faster backup and restore, and much more.
- AT&T One X (not the international variant, the HTC One X) with either S-OFF or with unlocked bootloader
- A Windows PC
- Download and install the necessary drivers for your phone on your computer.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Make sure that your battery has at least 50% charge to avoid interruption due to power loss.
- Download Fastboot (Fastboot.zip, 404.46 kB) which is required for you to run Fastboot commands on your Windows PC.
- Download the TWRP 2.1.7 Recovery image (openrecovery-twrp-2.1.7-evita.img, md5sum: cc3e851fce97a724a22bd8d923a2452f)
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with the AT&T One X (not the international HTC One X). Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- Extract the Fastboot package to your desktop where you can easily find it. You should get the following files:
- Turn off your phone.
- Boot your phone into Bootloader Mode by holding down the Power and the Volume Down buttons at the same time.
- Look for the Fastboot option and select it. Use the Volume keys to navigate and the Power key to select.
- Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable.
- Go to the Fastboot folder that you have extracted and open a command prompt window. You can do this by pressing the Shift key on your keyboard and right-clicking on the empty space in the folder.
- Once you’ve opened a command prompt window, type in the command below:
- Keep the command prompt window open. Copy the TWRP image file to the Fastboot folder. The folder should now contain 5 files.
- In the same command prompt window, type in this command:
fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-2.1.7-evita.img
- After that, press Enter to flash the TWRP Recovery image onto your phone.
- When the flashing process is complete, reboot your phone by typing
fastboot reboot in the command prompt window and pressing Enter.
Great! You’ve now installed TWRP 2.1.7 Recovery on your AT&T One X. You can now install custom kernels via this recovery. Have fun customizing your phone!