ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM) is an essential tool for your phone. This tool can be used to flash custom ROMs to your mobile phone. You can also create a backup of your current ROM and restore it when the worst things happen. Because of CWM’s contribution to Android development, this tool has been installed on different Android devices, including AT&T’s HTC One X.
Paul O’Brien has successfully created a CWM Recovery package that lets you install it to your mobile phone. If you want this tool on your mobile phone, read on to learn how to flash CWM to your AT&T One X.
- The instructions in this guide are intended for use with AT&T’s HTC One X. Applying these instructions on another device or model may produce undesired outcomes.
- The information in this guide is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions at your own risk.We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info in this guide.
- Read and understand the whole guide first before actually performing the instructions.
- An AT&T One X with unlocked bootloader
- A Windows PC
- HTC mobile phone drivers installed on your PC. You can download and install the HTC drivers from here (HTCDriver3.0.0.007.exe, 13.1 MB).
- Download the recovery package here or here (installrecovery.zip, 7.2 MB).
- A file extraction tool such as WinRAR or 7-Zip installed on your computer.
- Enable USB Debugging on your phone. Go to Settings > Development Options and enable USB Debugging.
- Charge your phone’s battery to 60% or more.
- Backup all personal data on your phone to make sure you have a copy of your personal data (e.g., contacts, SMS, MMS, Internet settings, Wi-Fi passwords, and the like) in case the procedure in this guide erases such data.
- Download Paul O’Brien’s recovery package from the links above.
- Extract installrecovery.zip to a folder on your computer.
- Connect your phone to the computer via USB cable. If possible, connect your phone to the rear USB port on your computer.
- On the phone’s notification bar, tap USB Connection type and select Charge Only.
- Go to the folder where you extracted the ZIP file. Double-click install.bat. This will flash CWM Recovery on your mobile phone.
- After a few reboots, ClockworkMod will be installed on your AT&T HTC One X.
Hooray! You have successfully flashed ClockworkMod Recovery to your AT&T One X. You can now safely flash custom ROMs and make some tweaks on your mobile phone.