AT&T Galaxy S3 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update finally available, multi-window support included
AT&T has finally rolled out the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update for the Galaxy S3, which includes, among other things, Samsung’s “Premium Suite” upgrade that brings multi-window support to the device.
Other U.S. Galaxy S3 versions have been already upgraded to Android 4.1.2, and while this isn’t Google’s latest Android OS version, it’s certainly good to see it roll out.
Here’s what’s new in Android 4.1.2 for the Galaxy S3, according to AT&T:
- Multi Window: You can open two different apps at the same time into two different windows on the mobile screen.
- Auto Share Shot with NFC: By setting the camera to “Auto Share Shot” mode, you can quickly share your photos and videos by simply tapping their GALAXY S III with other NFC and S-Beam enabled devices
- Camera features: Paper artist and best face options.
- AT&T apps: AT&T services, Drive Mode, AT&T Locker; Family Map, Live TV, and SmartWifi have been loaded.
- Other enhancements: Includes calendar, SD Card, and S-Voice enhancements.
The update will start rolling out today for the handset and will be available over-the-air (OTA), with AT&T saying that it will notify users about the update starting with August 7, in case they won’t upgrade their devices by then.
We have no idea when the Galaxy S3 will receive the next Jelly Bean versions, although there’s one particular rumor in the wild saying that the handset will move directly to Android 4.3, although that’s yet to be made official.