In today’s app update roundup, popular Twitter client Falcon Pro gets updated to include full offline mode, the eBay for Android app now features eBay shopping cart, and the newly released BBC iPlayer Radio takes care of your BBC Radio needs on the go. Let’s take a look at what’s new and what has changed.
Falcon Pro (for Twitter)
There are numerous Twitter clients available on the Google Play Store, but Falcon Pro is easily one of the most popular around. The latest update, taking it to version 1.8.2, will make the app stand out from the pack even more, with the introduction of offline mode, which is definitely going to be a very popular feature. The complete changelog includes –
- Full Offline Mode – Pre-load tweets, links, articles, and now all images including article images, pictures, and video thumbnails, for complete offline access.
- Open Play Store links from internal browser to Google Play app
- New translations include Portuguese, Thai, Dutch, Catalan, Arabic, Chinese, Turkey, and Hungarian
- Various bug fixes include fixed image mix up, live streaming not staying on top. downloaded image format, and more.
eBay for Android
The latest update to version 2.2 for the eBay for Android app introduces a UI overhaul, as well as a very useful “shopping cart” to handle multiple orders, which lets you pay for items from different sellers in one shot, or save one particular item for later. Here’s what has changed –
- eBay Shopping Cart – Add items to your shopping cart or save for later, pay for multiple items from different sellers with a single payment, and a new notification that tells you when items in your cart are ending soon.
- Search improvements – related searches, spell check, and searching other countries if you get low or no results
- Updated user interface includes new Home, Cart, and Checkout experiences, along with larger images in item view
- You can now also add a note to the seller while checking out
- Other bug fixes and improvements
For now, the updated Shopping Cart experience is restricted to users in the UK and US only, but will hopefully rollout to other countries soon. You can download the eBay for Android app from the Google Play Store here.
BBC iPlayer Radio
The latest addition to BBC’s extensive Android app list give you access all the BBC UK radio stations on the go, using WiFi or mobile data. The comprehensive feature list includes –
- Listen to live radio from all BBC UK radio stations
- Quickly switch between stations using a simple radio tuner dial
- See what is on-air via the Full Program Guide, and listen to on-demand programs from the past 7 days
- See the currently playing track on the various stations, and find out what guests and music are featured in on-demand programs
- Set alerts for upcoming programs, and also set an alarm to wake up to your favorite radio station
- Watch video clips including music sessions, and find hundreds of BBC podcasts to listen to
- Browsing categories include Schedule, Category, Featured, and Most Popular
- Listen in the background or in standby, with quick access to what’s playing via the notification panel
Using the app over a WiFi network is recommended, as using mobile data could lead to incurring heavy data charges if you aren’t on a data plan. There is also a note in the app description that states that Samsung Galaxy S3 users may find that audio playback does not work for live and on-demand programs, due to a specific recent firmware version of the device. A firmware fix will be rolled out by Samsung soon. Devices bought independently of a network carrier should not be affected, and this bug will not affect podcast and video playback.
The BBC iPlayer Radio app can be downloaded from the Google Play Store here.