With the end of the year holiday season in full swing, our thoughts inevitably begin to focus on the year ahead and according to some analysts, 2010 is going to be the year for Android to shine. Forrester Research is predicting that Android will grab a 10% market share in 2010, almost tripling its current 3.5% share. Much of this growth will be driven by strong manufacturer and carrier support from Qualcomm, Motorola, Verizon Wireless, and Google and an increase in the number of developers supporting the open Android platform. Speaking of developers, the Android Market is expected to explode, according to mobile application analytic firm Flurry, with an estimated 150,000 applications populating the wireless storefront by the end of 2010. With more choices in handsets and more apps than we can imagine, 2010 can’t come a minute too soon.
Android to grab 10% market share, reach 150,000 apps in 2010
5 hours ago
- 1.Google on the Nexus 6: try it, you may like it
- 2.Samsung will ‘fundamentally reform’ its smartphones going forward
- 3.Report: Note 4 sales reach 4.5 million in first month
- 4.Motorola Droid Turbo official: huge battery, Quad HD screen, powerful specs
- 5.You’re doing it wrong: What Android OEMs could be doing better