With the end of the year holiday season in full swing, our thoughts inevitably begin to focus on the year ahead and according to some analysts, 2010 is going to be the year for Android to shine. Forrester Research is predicting that Android will grab a 10% market share in 2010, almost tripling its current 3.5% share. Much of this growth will be driven by strong manufacturer and carrier support from Qualcomm, Motorola, Verizon Wireless, and Google and an increase in the number of developers supporting the open Android platform. Speaking of developers, the Android Market is expected to explode, according to mobile application analytic firm Flurry, with an estimated 150,000 applications populating the wireless storefront by the end of 2010. With more choices in handsets and more apps than we can imagine, 2010 can’t come a minute too soon.
Android to grab 10% market share, reach 150,000 apps in 2010
From the forums
- Yo, yo & Yo! Hello to all! 0 Replies on Introductions
- [INDIA] Android one =/= for people who... 1 Replies on Android News & Discussion
- Video editor free 1 Replies on General Technology News and Discussion
- Can anyone help me out over here? 7 Replies on Member Feedback & Suggestions
- Good Android antivirus app? 21 Replies on Apps & Games Discussion