Android fans, and especially developers, that own Nexus-branded devices such as the Nexus 7 tablet or the Nexus S and Galaxy Nexus smartphones, should know that Google has already posted the Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean factory images for these devices, or at least, for most of them.
Verizon Galaxy Nexus users alongside Sprint Nexus S buyers and Korean Nexus S owners will still have to wait for the corresponding Jelly Bean factory builds for their devices, as Google did not make them available yet.
The factory images will help you restore your device to the initial settings if anything goes wrong while meddling with your developer device of choice, and can be downloaded from Google’s Developers website, as usual. Here are the Jelly Bean builds available to download right away:
- Nexus S (soju): Android 4.1.1 (JRO03E)
- Nexus S (sojua): Android 4.1.1 (JRO03E)
- Galaxy Nexus (yakju): Android 4.1.1 (JRO03C)
- Galaxy Nexus (takju): Android 4.1.1 (JRO03C)
- Nexus 7 (nakasi): Android 4.1.1 (JRO03D)