Android 4.0 and Sense 4.0 Equipped ROM for myTouch 4G Slide – FUTUREAL
myTouch 4G Slide users will be happy to know that the Endeavor ICS Firmware of HTC One – X was leaked and that means that the developers of myTouch 4G Slide will try to port it. You don’t have to wait anymore because it has been ported and the ROM is called FUTUREAL. Thanks to tbalden of XDA Developers Forum who made a flashable zip file through Clockworkmod recovery.
If you want to update your phone, just follow the simple steps below.
- Make sure that your device battery is charge at least 60%
- Backup your device data into your computer.
- Turn on USB Debugging, on your homescreen tap Menu> Settings> Application> Development. Then, make sure that USB debugging is checked.
- myTouch 4G Slide with CWM recovery
- USB Data Cable
- First, download the pyr-o-ice_FUTURE_ICS_1.0.0.zip file on your computer.
- Then, connect your device to the computer using your USB Data Cable.
- Next, copy the zip file you downloaded earlier to the root directory of your SD card.
- Disconnect your device to the computer.
- turn off your device.
- Go to Clockworkmod recovery.
- Once you’re in the recovery, do a nandroid backup by selecting backup> backup and restore> then backup to start saving your old ROM. (This will make a full backup of your existing ROM, and save it to the SD card. You can restore from this backup, if something gets messed up with the installation.)
- Now do a full wipe by selecting Mount and Storage then wipe the following:
- Format System
- Format Data
- Format Cache
- Go back to main menu and select advance then wipe dalvik-cache.
- From the main menu select install zip from Sd card> choose zip from Sd card> then select the pyr-o-ice_FUTURE_ICS_1.0.0.zip to start flashing the ROM.
- Go back to main menu and select Reboot System now.
Congratulations, you can now enjoy your myTouch 4G Slide running on FUTUREAL ROM (ICS). Cheers!