Good news for Archos 5 Internet Tablet owners as Archos has re-released the highly anticipated Android 1.6 update, an update that was released and then pulled last month due to a major issue with the browser. All browser issues have been worked out and Archos owners can now install the new 1.7.33 firmware update which provides:
- Optimization of applications on the high-resolution screen of the ARCHOS 5 IT
- New “Quick Search” to find your Apps, Music, Contacts, and browsing history and get suggested search results as you type
- Easy access to battery saving features (wifi, screen, gps, etc.)
- New version of office documents viewer (ThinkFree Mobile 1.2)
- Various bug fixes, codec improvements, etc
Archos owners can download and install the update via the OTA update feature on their device or by following the instructions on Archos’ website.