HTC is now making a firmware image of the 1.6 version of Android available for owners of the Android Dev 1 developer phone. Since this is the same basic hardware as the T-Mobile G1, it seems suggest that it is possible to run 1.6 on the G1 without a problem, in spite of what we’ve heard earlier. Whether or not the T-Mobile flavor of 1.6, with all of its extra apps, will fit and be available as an update remains to be seen, though.
Android 1.6 image available for HTC Developer devices
From the forums
- An android developer's first contact... 6 Replies on Off Topic Lounge
- A problem with Galaxy S4 when playing... 12 Replies on Android Q&A
- [Free Android App] Virtual Aarti - By... 0 Replies on App Showcase
- [Free Android App] Health 1st - By... 0 Replies on App Showcase
- [Free Android Game] Tilt City - By... 0 Replies on App Showcase