HTC is now making a firmware image of the 1.6 version of Android available for owners of the Android Dev 1 developer phone. Since this is the same basic hardware as the T-Mobile G1, it seems suggest that it is possible to run 1.6 on the G1 without a problem, in spite of what we’ve heard earlier. Whether or not the T-Mobile flavor of 1.6, with all of its extra apps, will fit and be available as an update remains to be seen, though.
Android 1.6 image available for HTC Developer devices
8 hours ago
- 1.Google on the Nexus 6: try it, you may like it
- 2.Samsung will ‘fundamentally reform’ its smartphones going forward
- 3.Report: Note 4 sales reach 4.5 million in first month
- 4.Motorola Droid Turbo official: huge battery, Quad HD screen, powerful specs
- 5.You’re doing it wrong: What Android OEMs could be doing better