If you live in the U.S and own an Android device, you are one of the lucky people who are granted full access to the Google Play experience: Games & Apps, as well cloud-based content such as Music, Books, Magazines, Movies and TV Shows. Unfortunately, with the exception of games and apps, this cloud-based content is oficially available only for U.S. users, leaving the rest of the world in the dark.
But as any geek will tell you, probably the best thing about the Android OS and the ecosystem around it is that there is a workaround for basically anything you can imagine. Fortunately, XDA Forums senior member kishankpadivar has just posted a walktrough on how to enable access to all of the content on Google Play even if you live outside the US.
Here is a step by step tutorial on how to enable full access to the Google Play content from outside the US:
1. The first thing you’ll need to do is root your phone. If your smartphone is already rooted, just skip to the next step
2. Download and install Play store v 3.7.11 (grab it here)
3. Download Market Enabler (here’s a download link from XDA), then install the app
4. Download DROIDvpn from the Play Store and register for an account
5. Go to „App Manager” and delete the cache and Play Store data
6. Run Market Enabler and choose any of the U.S. carrier listed there, then select „fake this provider now” (the app does exactly what the message says)
7. Run DROIDvpn, login, then push „start”
8. Once all the steps above are completed, you’ll be able to download the Music, Books, TV Shows and Movies from Google Play
If this method worked for you and you want to show some gratitude, head on to the XDA thread here and spread the love!
Like this post? Share it!
i don’t need to download them, cause i already had them installed on my device, but they’re just hided, cannot open them from anywhere
use titanium backup to unfreeze them
is that work for nexus 7?
I done Every Thing As It Is Said that i have to but i get connection time out any help !?
DroidVPN is a shitty program. It’s so slow that you cant do anything.
This is bullshit, why can’t people from EU access this app?? Future Publishing is a UK based publisher, I can subscribe to their PAPER edition to my country, why not the digital version??????
When is Google going to allow others access???????
I cant root my phone, its 2 months old.
@jayeshomg:disqus search Google
Use VPNs. I recommend Hotspot Sheild which is free of cost. Works like a charm!