by Paul Nuñal, 1 year ago
Owners of the ViewSonic gTablet will have reasons to celebrate as users can now install the Android Market / Google Play Store application fully. The Google Play Store has been an important aspect of many…
If you live in the U.S and own an Android device, you are one of the lucky people who are granted full access to the Google Play experience: Games & Apps, as well cloud-based content such as Music, Books, Magazines, Movies and TV Shows. Unfortunately, with the exception of games and apps, this cloud-based content is oficially available only for U.S. users, leaving the rest of the world in the dark.
But as any geek will tell you, probably the best thing about the Android OS and the ecosystem around it is that there is a workaround for basically anything you can imagine. Fortunately, XDA Forums senior member kishankpadivar has just posted a walktrough on how to enable access to all of the content on Google Play even if you live outside the US.
Here is a step by step tutorial on how to enable full access to the Google Play content from outside the US:
1. The first thing you’ll need to do is root your phone. If your smartphone is already rooted, just skip to the next step
2. Download and install Play store v 3.7.11 (grab it here)
3. Download Market Enabler (here’s a download link from XDA), then install the app
4. Download DROIDvpn from the Play Store and register for an account
5. Go to „App Manager” and delete the cache and Play Store data
6. Run Market Enabler and choose any of the U.S. carrier listed there, then select „fake this provider now” (the app does exactly what the message says)
7. Run DROIDvpn, login, then push „start”
8. Once all the steps above are completed, you’ll be able to download the Music, Books, TV Shows and Movies from Google Play
If this method worked for you and you want to show some gratitude, head on to the XDA thread here and spread the love!